Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The right XBox 360 for me?

• 15-05-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

I am currently planning on buying a 360 but I'm not sure which one to get. I'm hoping to get one where I can install at least one game at a time and download a few games like Breath of Death VII: The Beginning. Which 360 would you recommend?

Also, if I install Lost Odyssey and after I beat the game, I delete the install, does doing that also delete the gamesave?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I am currently planning on buying a 360 but I'm not sure which one to get. I'm hoping to get one where I can install at least one game at a time and download a few games like Breath of Death VII: The Beginning. Which 360 would you recommend?

If you want to install games or download them, then you'll obviously need a console with a hard drive. Whether you pick up an Arcade (doesn't come with a hard drive, but does come with internal memory [512MB or 256MB] that you can install arcade games/save games on) and shop around for a hard drive separately or go for a bundle deal (console with hard drive and maybe a game or two) is your call - money is your only factor. Shop around for the best deal.
    Also, if I install Lost Odyssey and after I beat the game, I delete the install, does doing that also delete the gamesave?

No, your savegame is still there. You can delete old save games via a memory manager on the console. You can also copy old savegames onto a USB stick/hard drive for safekeeping if your internal memory/hard drive is getting full and you really don't want to delete them. Only 4GB is supported btw, so no point in getting a 16GB memory stick for the xbox, it'd be a waste of 12GB :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Get a 60GB one unless a larger capacity harddrived is available for very little more money. Save games on the harddrive, few installs, demos, sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I concur, at least 60GB hard drive space, no matter what way you choose. Just do be sure to shop around online and in bricks & mortar stores, maybe even check out the Bargain Requests forum here on boards.ie to do your best not to get ripped off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Hound Dog

I have the 60 gb xbox and have never ran out of space :D constantly downloading a load of rubbish on to it.

Advertisement