Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSX wobble

Options
  • 15-05-2010 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have a strange one for you. This only happened to me after acceleration was installed. When you fly any aircraft over 20k feet turn on the Autopilot and accelerate time to 16x you'll see the plane begin to pitch up and down.
    In the bigger aircraft it can crash too.
    It's weird but I can't seem to stop it, it's not so bad when you go at 8x but it's still there.
    Anyone else got the problem or better still a solution?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

I would say most simmers, including myself, do not use time acceleration at all, due to things like communicating with ATC etc. Flight Simulator has always been somewhat unstable at high accelerated speeds from what I know, most people would not take it over x8 to begin with because of this. Maybe if you are using real world weather, and there are heavy gusts often which can bump the aircraft around a bit and the accelration makes it look exaggerated?

I may be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

I would say most simmers, including myself, do not use time acceleration at all, due to things like communicating with ATC etc. Flight Simulator has always been somewhat unstable at high accelerated speeds from what I know, most people would not take it over x8 to begin with because of this. Maybe if you are using real world weather, and there are heavy gusts often which can bump the aircraft around a bit and the accelration makes it look exaggerated?

I may be wrong though!

This is something in the game. I've been flight simming for many years too but sometimes I like to gad about the sky long haul. I just like to watch the scenery pass by, when it's boring I speed it up to get near a turn or something.
    It happens to all aircraft with any weather on, even with no weather. There's only one cessna that I downloaded that it never happens too.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Hmm. Well if you think there may be something wrong with your setup, perhaps a complete reinstall of FSX may be a good idea. Get it up to SP2 with Acceleration, no need to install SP1 because SP2 contains it, and then add addons back one by one after you have tested the acceleration issue out and see can you isolate the problem.

The only other thing I can think of is, you said you like the long haul. If you like addons like the PMDG 747 for that purpose, they do not design their products to work above say an acceleration of 4x, and they provide no guarantees on how the aircraft will perform at that rate.

I am sorry I for one can not be of anymore help, maybe someone with more expierience in using the accelration feature can. I wish you all the best in getting this sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's generally because the frame rate gets too low at high accelerations. If your PC is old enough it'll cause problems. I can accelerate mine to 32X but after that it will start to come apart.

Confab wrote: »
    It's generally because the frame rate gets too low at high accelerations. If your PC is old enough it'll cause problems. I can accelerate mine to 32X but after that it will start to come apart.

If anyone wants to try it, pick any plane from the stock planes. Climb to about 25000 feet turn on AP and stick to a heading and Alt. Now speed it up to the max (that's 16x with AP on), you'll see if you acceleration installed the nose of the plane go up and down and the trim wheel constantly turning.

Try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Bodhan wrote: »
    If anyone wants to try it, pick any plane from the stock planes. Climb to about 25000 feet turn on AP and stick to a heading and Alt. Now speed it up to the max (that's 16x with AP on), you'll see if you acceleration installed the nose of the plane go up and down and the trim wheel constantly turning.

Try it

Noticed this before ! Really annoying!!!

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Noticed this before ! Really annoying!!!

did you find a fix for it? Still drives me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

I would hazard a guess that what you're seeing is the normal minor up and down motion of the plane being exaggerated 16-fold.

I notice many times that if I change the view to looking down along the wing, the wing is flexing as it passes through different pressure regions. Now speed it up by a factor of 16 and I'd say it looks like the wing is about to snap off due to it's movement.

Advertisement