Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

x box arcade help

• 16-05-2010 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

i got a prob.
    my son went to load a saved game but it showed the saved game was (completed) 0%
    but when we go to the dashboard -my games -achievements -it shows a game score of 250/1000 and achievements 18/38

doe this make sense ,can anyone help.........thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Is it possible the save game was unrelated or old? Could the game have been played before where the achievements were obtained and has recently been restarted? Achievements carry over, so you never re-achieve an achievement. The amount of achievements shouldn't be an indication of progress in a game compared to a gamesave.

Better yet - does the savegame load up properly and leave you at the last point the game was saved? If yes, then just ignore the % completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 phildevan2

no the saved game starts at the very beggining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'd say he either deleted the save game, or was playing on a different profile. Do you have any other profiles (users) on the xbox?

it was the correct profile
    is it possible to delete saved games
    that "stick" that fits into the front of the console is that a memory stick ?????

Yes, you can delete save games from within most games, and/or from the system settings screen.

Does your console have a hard drive, or are you using the memory stick for save games? Your son could be picking the wrong storage device when starting the game (when you try to load your game, you'll get a prompt for the hard drive or memory unit/USB drive). Make sure you pick the right one.

• Advertisement

no it doesn't have a hard drive
    as far as i know the prompt asks to select storage device which i presume is the memory stick
    is the game stored on this memory

oh by the way thanks for your help

I'd say the save game is gone, so. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

phildevan2 wrote: »
    no it doesn't have a hard drive
    as far as i know the prompt asks to select storage device which i presume is the memory stick
    is the game stored on this memory

oh by the way thanks for your help

If it's a newish console there might be two storage devices still - internal memory and the memory stick at the front. See what your options are when starting the game, whatever you've been picking, pick the other option if it's available.

If not, then as Mr E said, the savegame appears to be gone - either it didn't save right (very unusual tbh) or it was overwrote when somebody started the game again or something.

Advertisement