Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenic places for a run in Carlow?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas for a running route in or around the the town? I run the pitches in the I.T, the pres and Dr Cullen park already and I'm bored of running in circles!
    Something to look at would be nice...(easy lads i mean scenery :P)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

ock park is nice, 4 km lap too

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Tried to get in there last week. I didnt know how to get in the gate is always closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Well you can do laps of the actual area along the road?
    If you headinto oak park from the hurling club side (through the arch) and keep right when you come to the Y junction and keep heading out that road for about 1 or 2km you will see the way into oak park forest trail.

There is a bend before you come to this with big black gates that are always closed yes, Never in my life seen them open

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Ah I found me way in there this morning. You guessed right I was trying to get in through the research facility gates :cool:
    Got lost a few times doing a lap of the trail lol
    Nice place for an early run, the walkway can be narrow at parts and trying to avoid people is not nice when sweating from the eye balls :pac:

Great suggestion sharky cheers!

Advertisement