Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer/40k Tattoos

• 16-05-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

So, basically i'm an avid fan of Warhammer, moreso 40k than Fantasy.
    I'm also more interested in the lore, books, computer games and general universe than the tabletop game (may not seem all that avid to most people)

But anyway, I have been contemplating getting a 40k inspired tattoo for some time now, which will be my fourth tattoo in total.

What are your views on these kinds of tattoos?
    Any suggestions on what and where to get it?
    Any tattooist/studio recommendations?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I tried a search and couldn't find much.

Thanks in advance,
    Aaron-

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'm a fan of the 40k universe myself. I hate the tabletop game but all the books I've read are so good.

I know a guy with the eye of horus tattoed on his leg. It looks grand but I reckon a larger 40k piece would be better. If you google 40 tattoos a lot of people seem to have quotes/sigils/symbols from the universe but no real big pieces. Something that depicts a major story of the universe. Maybe the battle between Horus and the Emperor or perhaps another storyline you like. Or maybe you're favourite chapter battling with their Primarch at the arrowhead?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Aaron-

Hey, thanks for the reply.
    I also love the books, fairly stuck into the Heresy now.

I've googled a lot of stuff about it already. Seems to be a lot of Americans and the likes. I was wondering if many local ie. Irish residents had experience with them as I intend on getting a full Astartes on my back, probably a Black Templar. I was also curious as to whether anyone knew any tattooist/studio experienced in 40k tattoos, as I think that would be a plus.

I like your idea of a Legion battling with their Primarch, though. Something like the covers on the Horus Heresy books depicting a massive battle would be awesome.

Anymore opinions suggestions people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I've no suggestions being that I've little (read: no) experience with the history of Warhammer. But just thought that you'd like to have a look at this.

I pretty much use google images/flickr or deviantart (which is a good one!) to search for ideas.

http://www.deviantart.com/#order=9&q=warhammer

Hope that helps!

chin_grin wrote: »

Wow, thanks. I've not seen a lot of those pictures before.

Though I have seen millions, haha.

I'm currently trying to compose a piece of artwork, taking bits from as many sources as possible to form what i'd like tattoo'd on me. Id' like it to be unique to me, you see.

Thanks for the link. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Aaron- wrote: »
    Wow, thanks. I've not seen a lot of those pictures before.

Though I have seen millions, haha.

I'm currently trying to compose a piece of artwork, taking bits from as many sources as possible to form what i'd like tattoo'd on me. Id' like it to be unique to me, you see.

Thanks for the link. =)

Yeah Deviantart tends to be uploaded by the users, or just their doodlings. Some are unbelievably epic, while others are woeful! Hope you find that needle though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Why not get this baby ? :D

warhammer_back_piece_by_optimuspint.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Freckles..!

My boyfriend has a tattoo of The Imperial Aquila :D

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Why not get this baby ? :D

warhammer_back_piece_by_optimuspint.jpg

I'd love to get something like that. 'cept that's Warhammer fantasy, and i'm not a Chaos fan. =P

I think that tattoo won a prize, too.

My boyfriend has a tattoo of The Imperial Aquila

That's pretty sweet. Nice to know there's other's out there with a similar taste. Only thing with an Aquila is people mistaking you for a Nazi. =P

Advertisement