Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do when out of my time sparks?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi there im 23, i just have 4 months left of my electrican apprenticeship , served my time mostly building/wiring control panels ,,,
    i am just wondering if anyone here knows of any company where i could maybe find a job or any courses that could be recommended???

dont seem to get a look in at a maintainance spark job in factorys though i would like to get one of these jobs

im considering going to DKIT to do degree dk740 - electrical &electronic systems -- if any one has any info or experience of this could ya advise me too

cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SteveDM

Hey,

There are several courses you may want to look at depending on what it is you are lookin for career wise.

One website is http://www.chevrontraining.ie/

They offer several courses that will increase your appeal to employers.

Also, if you wish to go the engineering path. You have a couple of options.

1) You can do electrical service engineering. After qualifying you can go straight into the second year due to the apprenticeship.

(Note: I have been told by several lecturers that the maths in many of these courses are slightly underpar if you ever wish to become an electrical engineer)

2) Due to the note, a lecturer advised me that it was possible to do
    http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/az/title,27534,en.html
    Which will build your maths up at a decent learning curve. And if you pass with a good grade, you can then go into the third year of Electrical engineering.

3) Is to go straight into electrical engineer.

Also, as renewable energy is becoming more and more to the forefront. It might be more wise look at some of the newer courses regarding this. I haven't looked into this yet. But it would be worth your time.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

I'd be looking into doing Instrumentation if it were me,half the work for double the pay of an electrician.But in saying that you'd want to go working abroad to get decent money.

Good luck with your decisions.

Advertisement