Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing the effects of fasting and feasting

Options
  • 16-05-2010 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

So as mentioned in a previous thread ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055900206 ) I'm interested to see if fasting will slow my metabolism to enable me to put on weight once I finish fasting.

I haven't eaten in 25 hours however I have been drinking alcohol (quite a lot in fact) up to 15 hours ago. So the conditions for this experiment aren't perfect by a long shot as the alcohol will have dehydrated me. But I usually weight myself at the end of each day and lately I have been 10 stone 9, so I will use that as a marker. If after 3 or 4 days of eating again I will know whether the experiment was a success or failure if my weight is greater than 10 stone 9. I'm hoping I will hit the 11 stone mark.

I just weighed myself there now and I am 10 stone 3 pounds, which was quite suprising, I'm not sure if my weigh is always around that mark at the start of each day or if I have lost a good bit of weigh due to not eating and being dehydrated from the alcohol. Anyway its early days and once this experiment is over I can weigh myself at the start of the day so I'll have more info on which to conduct my experiments. If it is a success then I may repeat the experiment in 2 weeks and do it more professionally next time ie/ no drinking next time.

Anyway I'm starving now so gonna head in to KFC for a family sized bucket of chicken mmmmmmm.

Advertisement