Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things you do for Love..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/15/internet.suicide/index.html
    LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A Missouri mom was indicted Thursday for her alleged role in the death of a teen who killed herself over a failed Internet romance that turned out to be a hoax.
    art.megan.jpg

Megan Meier, 13, hanged herself in her bedroom after being targeted in a MySpace hoax.

A federal indictment accuses Lori Drew, 49, of O'Fallon, Missouri, of using the social networking Web site MySpace.com to pose as a 16-year-old boy and feign romantic interest in the girl.

The girl, Megan Meier, committed suicide after her online love interest spurned her, according to prosecutors, telling her the world would be a better place without her.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,199 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

How sweet would it be if the chick got convicted and imprisoned........ and then the little girl sent her a PM on MySpace saying "How about THAT prank f*ucker!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

OP I've done the same thing and got a relationship out of it... but I still think you're going to get your organs harvested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 annie87

I was going to France for a year (Erasmus). Had only been going out with my boyfriend for 8 months, we were madly in love and depressed, as we wouldn't see each other for ages and thought we were too young to be in a long distance relationship. One drunken night , he decided to come with me(even though he had no money and no where to live over there at the time) Loads of people thought we were stupid-we didn't care and had a brilliant time. 5 years later we're still together!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Sarky wrote: »
    <Meatloaf reference>

Much as I'm tempted, I won't do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I went to Japan to visit a guy I'd known from a youth group when I was a teenager. 18 months later we're still together :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I made a lasagne last night and put it into boxes for freezing. Went to bed leaving them to cool, he was under strict instructions to pop it in the freezer, even watched him set his alarm to do it. I come downstairs today, half the lasagne is still sitting on the counter. I made him a cup of tea, and brought it up to him. Didn't even throw it over his head. Now that's love. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Moved to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Good luck, OP. :)
    I don't text whilst driving anymore. I learned my lesson after I ran over the 4th pedestrian.

Ever? When did you start driving? 1903?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Sarky wrote: »
    <Meatloaf reference>

I would do anything for love, but I won't do scat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Do you need vaccines to go to Argentina?

I didn't get any when I went?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Around 7 years ago, I drove to Longford from Dublin on a Vespa in the middle of winter to meet a girl. It took me around 3 hours & I almost froze to death.

Cool :D

Back before Nightlink, I once bought a girl I was mad about, a bottle of Beer with my last few quid.

I walked her to Busarus so she could get her Bus and then I walked home.

I wasn't sorry, seemed like money well spent at the time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

stovelid wrote: »
    Do you need vaccines to go to Argentina?

I didn't get any when I went?

I'm heading up to Brazil for a few days, south of the Amazon. I need to have a doctor's cert for the vaccines when I cross the border.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Lent my ex pretty much all my life savings at the time so he could swan off to Oz for a few months.

That was at least 10years ago-have kinda given up hope of seeing the money again at this stage.

Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

So I'm sitting here with a sore arm and a sore arse, because I got 7 vaccines to go to South America, to meet a woman whom I'm madly in love with.
    Nope I have not. Just MSN and Skype every evening.

Do you really think it's love? I'd find it difficult if I've never actually met the person before.
    Fair enough if it is, I just find it hard to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So I'm sitting here with a sore arm and a sore arse

This turned out better than I expected after reading the title and the first few words. Good luck OP.

Main thing I do for love is tolerate my girlfriends ma, she is a c*nt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Best of luck with it!:)
    I came close to moving to Australia for a girl, but gave up on that idea and just moved on (and over to London instead)... Turned out to be the best move I ever made!

Do you really think it's love? I'd find it difficult if I've never actually met the person before.
    Fair enough if it is, I just find it hard to believe.

The physical element of being next to each other is the clincher. I've done it twice (going over to different countries to meet) and it worked out once. My current Irish girlfriend is vastly better then the one I met online.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Confab wrote: »
    The physical element of being next to each other is the clincher. I've done it twice (going over to different countries to meet) and it worked out once. My current Irish girlfriend is vastly better then the one I met online.

Well I'll update this thread in a few months and let you all know how I get on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Well I'll update this thread in a few months and let you all know how I get on :p

Any joy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Lent my ex pretty much all my life savings at the time so he could swan off to Oz for a few months.

That was at least 10years ago-have kinda given up hope of seeing the money again at this stage.

Prick.

I'm sure it seemed like a sensible thing to do at the time... Oh wait?

So where how are your kidneys now, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Good luck op! Hope it goes well for ya!

I moved to Canada to be with my other half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I'll lay 6/4 on her being a ladyboy who will steal all his cash.

He will end up living in slums feeding on monkey meat and refuse for the rest of his life. He may possibly bounce back and seek revenge on his fellow boardsies in an elaborate Count of Monte Cristo kind of way - I'll give 20/1 on that.

Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

to meet a woman whom I'm madly in love with.

We knew each other online for ages,

Wow. Sounds serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

I'll lay 6/4 on her being a ladyboy who will steal all his cash.

He will end up living in slums feeding on monkey meat and refuse for the rest of his life. He may possibly bounce back and seek revenge on his fellow boardsies in an elaborate Count of Monte Cristo kind of way - I'll give 20/1 on that.

Any takers?

Sorry, Paddypower giving better odds.

Leaving in 2 weeks. Things kinda fallin apart around me atm though. Losing my job on Saturday :o Have a job lined up, but it's only part time hours and and it's in a different town, I can't really afford to live there, sooooooo yeah. Reducing my budget in Argentina just a tad

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So I'm sitting here with a sore arm and a sore arse, because I got 7 vaccines to go to South America, to meet a woman whom I'm madly in love with.

We knew each other online for ages, and back in September bought a ticket to Buenos Aires on the spur. I only work part time, so I chucked the idea of getting a car, or moving to Dublin for the time being.

I regret nothing though :o

So just out of curiosity, what things have fellow boardsians done for love? <3

That was a bit stupid. You don't need any vaccines to go to Buenos Aires.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Sykk wrote: »
    I'm sure it seemed like a sensible thing to do at the time... Oh wait?

I was young. And drunk. And maybe stoned...
    :pac:

Advertisement