Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things you do for Love..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

:')

This feels as good as the end of Rocky I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did you get the ride???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

:')

This feels as good as the end of Rocky I.

Better than the end of The Crying Game anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

quarryman wrote: »
    Better than the end of The Crying Game anyway....

It wasn't the end of The Crying game tho many people did switch it off as soon as Hayley Cropper's long lost 'sister' got her tackle out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Congratulations on keeping your kidneys. Wait, is that a scalpel and blood bucket I see in the background? Seriously though, congrats OP! What's the next step? Smuggle her into Dublin in a suitcase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Not a bad looker either... Job well done OP ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Awwww that's so cute! Very happy for you OP. Glad it's worked out for you! I love stories like this :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

OP, if i could shake your hand I would. Fair play to you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Confab wrote: »
    What's the next step? Smuggle her into Dublin in a suitcase?

She's got a working Visa for a year (though with the state of the economy she might not get a job), but she can't get over here til October now I'm afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Never been in love but ive done some crazy things for lust.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mega bump. Was meant to update this aaaages ago but totally forgot.

Andrea showed up in Ireland back in September (on my birthday of all days, was amazing!). Kinda last minute plan as the Working Holiday permit was going to be turned down, so it didn't really matter if she waited til October or whatnot. She's been doing language grinds since then, it's the only thing she can do until she gets the residency permit next year. She's already has some phonecalls from some language schools as she's got a degree and international cert in Teaching in both Spanish and English, so fingers crossed.

Our marriage date is 14th January. We're getting married in a nice country house in Longford. It's got a classic style to it, so we're doing a vintage style wedding with her dress and my outfit. Looks great, can't wait to see the photos on the day (weather permitting :o)

After that, it's 3/4 days away in North Wales. She's not particularly enjoying the weather. She's never experienced snow and while she's amazed by how it looks, she's not going out anymore as she's freezing up. It's also going to be a strange Christmas. Usually in Argentina they don't put any decorations up and Christmas day is usually celebrated with a barbeque in high 30's temperatures.

Anywho, that's the story :) It's been really great so far, I'm sure it's going to continue like that :D

Our marriage date is 14th January.

wtf?! :eek:

you met her 6 months ago, right? and haven't lived with her!

you crazee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Andrea showed up in Ireland back in September (on my birthday of all days, was amazing!). Kinda last minute plan as the Working Holiday permit was going to be turned down, so it didn't really matter if she waited til October or whatnot. She's been doing language grinds since then, it's the only thing she can do until she gets the residency permit next year. She's already has some phonecalls from some language schools as she's got a degree and international cert in Teaching in both Spanish and English, so fingers crossed.

Our marriage date is 14th January. We're getting married in a nice country house in Longford. It's got a classic style to it, so we're doing a vintage style wedding with her dress and my outfit. Looks great, can't wait to see the photos on the day (weather permitting :o)

After that, it's 3/4 days away in North Wales. She's not particularly enjoying the weather. She's never experienced snow and while she's amazed by how it looks, she's not going out anymore as she's freezing up. It's also going to be a strange Christmas. Usually in Argentina they don't put any decorations up and Christmas day is usually celebrated with a barbeque in high 30's temperatures.

Anywho, that's the story :) It's been really great so far, I'm sure it's going to continue like that :D

Fair play man. Some people will say you're crazy but sure fcuk it, life is short and you might as well just run with it if it feels right. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

:eek:
    CONGRATUBLOODYLATIONS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Well I have to say reading this thread in it's entirety has warmed the cockles of my heart.

As previously stated life is too short, best of luck. :)

congrats !!! lovely story i have a heart of stone but thats a love story :D best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

This is the nicest story i've heard in quite some time. Good for you, OP. My eyes were welling up reading it...:o

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful fiance.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Guess whos getting maarried tomorrow!?.... :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Congratulations cherryghost!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Just read this thread with the bump...
    Aw such a nice story, you're dead right cherryghost, life's too short to be himming and hawwing on your feelings!!

Congrats to you and the missus!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Sarn

Congratulations, great story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Wow. It's nice to see a nice, gooey, mushy side to the AH posters! My eyes watered reading this. :)

Congratulations OP; best of luck to you and yours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Wow! I thought things like this only happened in the movies!

I wish you both many years of health and happiness together.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Ahh this story has made my day! Congratulations cherryghost! I hope you have good weather for the photos tomorrow. Vintage wedding sounds amazing. All the best to you and your lovely lady! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Enjoy the big day my fellow Longfordian!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Congrats to yourself and the missus.... fantastic story!

I think you're as mad as a box of badgers, but I'm against marriage full-stop.. so ignore me!

Best of luck tomorrow, and hope everything works out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations cherryghost, just read the whole thread and while others think you're batshít crazy, I've known people in your situation before. They are now happily married nearly 6 years and have two children together.

:)

January wrote: »
    I've known people in your situation before. They are now happily married nearly 6 years and have two children together.

:)

to each other?

i jest, i jest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Can't believe I missed the thread all the times it was bumped. Congratulations and have a great day.

Fookin' great story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Wow.

You're almost, ALMOST making me believe in love again.

Fair play to you man. Congratulations and I hope you guys have a beautiful wedding.

Advertisement