Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things you do for Love..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

You've melted this old cynics heart Cherryghost.

May you both be very happy together.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

This is such a sweet thread. Took me ages to read but so worth it. Congrats to both of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Just read the thread from start to finish.. sitting here with a big smile and tears in my eyes... Ah love...
    Well done and congratulations...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

This is just so rose-matic! Read this the whole way through, am bleary-eyed, what a lovely story - 'twould melt the heart of the the most cynical AHer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Congrats. You did what every warm blooded Irish man wishes he could. Bag himself a latino lady!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Fair play to you dude,cracking story which would touch anyone,best wishes to both of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

So I'm sitting here with a sore arm and a sore arse, because I got 7 vaccines to go to South America, to meet a woman whom I'm madly in love with.

We knew each other online for ages, and back in September bought a ticket to Buenos Aires on the spur. I only work part time, so I chucked the idea of getting a car, or moving to Dublin for the time being.

I regret nothing though :o

So just out of curiosity, what things have fellow boardsians done for love? <3
    I would do anything for love... but I won't do that...

Too many pages and someone probably beat me to it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

I moved to her country 1000 miles away and with minimal knowledge of the language. Then i came home, saved up again and went back. Didn't like the country but I loved her.

Then after i came home again (work issues) and in the space of 3 days, she changed her mind about the whole thing and dumped me just before my birthday :(

Then the lads got me polluted, made me piss myself laughing all evening and took me to see some boobs at a lapdancing club. Felt better from then on :)

Lesson learned. Love is bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

good luck hope it goes well for yea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Congrats OP! Lovely end to your story. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

Brave man and a Brave woman, unreal ending to that story , many hearty congrats on the nuptials.Considering all the crap people having to deal with these days its great to see an ending like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Odio a los argentinos. Es una cosa mexicana.

But best of luck anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Someone told me about this thread yesterday, just read the whole thing now. I remember reading the OP back in May! Such a sweet story, congrats Cherryghost! Hope you have a very happy life together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I remember reading the first page of this thread when it was posted up and thinking; I hope it all works out for ya man! I see it has, congratulations to both of you:)

That last wedding pic, your face shows it all...the look of a man who got exactly what he wanted, and couldnt care less! :)

Best of luck in the future.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Just seeing this thread now, all I can say is WOW!
    Thought you were mad when I read the OP, but have to say, I'm thrilled it worked out for you.
    Congrats on your marriage cherryghost and may ye live long and happy lives! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best wishes. :)

I too went the online route, first trip to America in 2002 on me own after talking and chatting for a few years. Air traffic control was have trouble all over Europe, flights cancelled. I was in Heathrow and my flight went ahead. Fast forward, many trips to and from, many tears, visa stress and we are married for 7 years and happy living in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

More importantly the things you would not do for love ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

This gives me alot of hope for me and my OH whos going away for a year in June...

:)

congrats man! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

Congratulations!!! Pics look great best thread ever!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Congrats cherryghost! The photos look great, happy for you both.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hahaha thats mental... what a great story! Best of luck to you both!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

So I'm sitting here with a sore arm and a sore arse, because I got 7 vaccines to go to South America, to meet a woman whom I'm madly in love with.

We knew each other online for ages, and back in September bought a ticket to Buenos Aires on the spur. I only work part time, so I chucked the idea of getting a car, or moving to Dublin for the time being.

I regret nothing though :o

So just out of curiosity, what things have fellow boardsians done for love? <3

I don't mean to put a dampener on this but how sure are you that she isn't some crazy Argentinian drug lord who's gonna bum you into oblivion?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are married, isn't that punishment enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I don't mean to put a dampener on this but how sure are you that she isn't some crazy Argentinian drug lord who's gonna bum you into oblivion?

A picture's worth a thousand words, did you not click?

I did, and bugger it, there before my eyes is true happiness.

Long may it last Mr and Mrs cherryghost.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I really should full read the threads before posting.

Incredible story OP, congratulations and I hope you both have a very happy time together :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

It'd be class if there was something like boardiaz.arg or something and the bride had a massive thread on that! What would be said I wonder...

OP, fair play to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gubernaculum

ahhh so lovely :D remember the OP so delighted it worked out for you two! bride looked absolutely gorgeous, love her style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Just read the whole thread. Amazing story and I'm so happy for you both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Wonderful story OP, congratulations to you both and enjoy Paris next month!

Advertisement