Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things you do for Love..

Comments

Lovely Story.
    I wish the pair of you the best of luck in life! :):)

Do you mind me asking if she has Longford/Midlands connections herself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

A great story, well done and the very best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Just read the whole thread, wow! What a great story!:)Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Fair play OP,

If only we all took a leap of faith and did what we wanted to do!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

Wow congrats :) it is great to see some love, I hope you and Mrs Cherryghost have a very happy life together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

This is tempting me to Vegas when I visit a girl in Seattle in April, congratulations OP! :) Dead happy for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

better bring her midlans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Cherryghost. Hurrah for the Internet.

Let us know how it goes, Minidazzler. Remember, who dares wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

I randomly decided to take off on a ferry journey one day, to meet a guy who I had known for a long time over the net! It was a spur of the moment thing and as a result not many of my family members were happy with what I did but I was glad I did it because he turned out to be a most wonderful man, we fell in love and we spent 6 years together :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

congratulations cherryghost.despite spending way too much time lurking here this is the frist time i have seen this thread. well done and i wish you all the best in the future.

In answer to your op

So just out of curiosity, what things have fellow boardsians done for love?

the best thing I have done for love is also the best advice i can give you.

learn to forgive. you will upset her and she will upset you. it happens. forgive her and if you upset her forgive yourself.

I met a wonderful woman and got engaged 5 months later. 13 months after we met we got married. all of my friends said we were crazy,too young etc. last oct we celebrated our 20th anniversery. four kids, four million rows,no regerts.

remember, the best part about fighting is making up afterwards ;).

I turn 40 this july, when shes around i feel 20. :D

now i think i feel drunk,time for bed lol. good luck op. its a long road,but a wonderful journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

This is the cutest thread i have ever read on boards! :)
    It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! congrats cherryghost!

I always believed in true love (flying to canada on valentines day to meet my boyfriend that i havent seen in 5 months) but i love love love hearing stories like this! Best of luck in the future!! *tear*

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Aw! Just found this thread today. Very romantic, best of luck to the both of ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Cherryghost, you are adorable. No homo.

I once bought my ex girlfriend a bottle of coke before she left for home, leaving myself short 1 euro for my precious cigarettes.
    I win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Great strory/thread :D

I guess I would do the obvious really be there when they needed me, support them and help them as much as I can - basically just be the best girlfriend I can be without it becoming one sided (Paying there way through life and letting them walk all over you)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Nice thread. In answer to the OP: For our first Valentines together my wife (then gf) was studying in Belfast, so I drove up after work from Dublin to give her roses and spend an hour with her. Raging I had to go so soon but was totally worth the trip up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Wow, a nice story in AH for once.

Congrats Cherryghost!

All the best in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Congrats Cherryghost :)

Great thread which has also given me reason to post this ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Ah, that's a gorgeous story Cherryghost. Many years of happiness to you and Mrs Cherryghost :)

I told my 15 year old daughter this story and her response was:
    'Awww, its nice to know not everyone you meet on the internet is a paedophile or a murderer.'
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Doesn't count as they met on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭JennyAnt

I'm gonna bookmark this thread and come back to it if ever I'm feeling blue! What a beautiful story! Congrats!
    Ps Mrs Cherryghost's wedding outfit is absolutely gorgeous! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

This guy even thanks posts mocking him, he's an inspiration!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    This guy even thanks posts mocking him, he's an inspiration!

Thought it was sarcasm. It's AH, can't really tell tbh.

On another note Andreas here to stay for 4 years :) Think we're heading back to Argentina next year though.

Thanks for everyone's support, really means a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It's a great thread, I hope yourself and Andreas stay as happy as you are now.

The wedding pics were lovely.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Wtf is with everyone changing their names?! Oisint, basquille and now sharpshooter! Its all very odd....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What would happen if I requested my name to be changed to OisinT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Wtf is with everyone changing their names?! Oisint, basquille and now sharpshooter! Its all very odd....
    Shhhh...calm down, We'll all have tea and forget about it.......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Around 7 years ago, I drove to Longford from Dublin on a Vespa in the middle of winter to meet a girl. It took me around 3 hours & I almost froze to death.

She must've appreciated it though, as we're still together. And now I drive a car!

Haha I done the same on a Vespa from Shannon Co.Clare to Tralee in Kerry. Broke down once, got lost, gotta flat tyre and ran out of petrol on a quiet country road. All in all it took me 5 hours, and when I finally arrived in Tralee there happened to be a biker rally going on, the abuse I got from these big hairy pissed up bikers nearly threw me over the edge. I did get some action from her after hours on top of a pool table in her parents pub though which made it all worthwhile in the end.

though I did have to return home 2 days later....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

This is a very interesting thread.

I was wondering, the origin of your romance was on MSN or Skype you say? How did you first come in contact? I don't use MSN but I thought you need to have their email address to make initial contact? Also, how long were you talking on MSN before you decided to meet her?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Met her on an ancient Yahoo chatroom, twas the Dublin chatroom, she was on to practice her English (she was in college doing a teaching degree at the time). So it was by total chance that we met and talked. Got her MSN a few months later, and then eventually Skype.

I can't remember a day that passed that I didn't talk to her in some form. She was my anchor during stormy times, and I was hers. Things blossomed and then of course we finally met and the story continued from there :)

Advertisement