If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tannoy Arena

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:03am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you source a set of Tannoy Arenas of me please, if so, what colour choices and how much delivered to Athlone.
    Will need wall mounts also X 5

I have a few other bits and bobs so more cash waiting here for you:P

Thanks
    S1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Can you add either a Sony STRDN1000 or Sony2400ES to the quote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Hi slave1,
    Just a bit of info, not trying to put you off but just to make you aware. The arenas are a decent price, I myself had ordered them quite a while back. However, the mounts are crazy expensive and seeing as you need 5 of them will probably cost more than the speaker system itself! That's if the prices are still the same as they were when I ordered. My original enquiry is here.

I ended up going for the Monitor Audio R90HD10 set and havent regretted it since. Fantastic piece of kit.

Anyway, like I said not trying to discourage you, just warning you that the price could double because of the stands, unless they've been reduced in price since.

Chris.

(If this is seen as advertising or violates boards rules, I apologise, just demonstrating the cost of these).
    Example :
    <Snip>

I'm sure the RS guys will be able to give you better info on this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Please see the Charter ( http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 ) regarding mention or links to other retailers, I understand that you are trying to illustrate your point, but its up to Richersounds to offer a price to the OP here, no illustration necessary.

The Charter also has something to say about general posting guidelines:
    As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice.

I would usually delete or snip interventions making recommendations to people asking for a quote - however I have left the rest of your post stand as you are addressing a relevant point here and, importantly, linking to previous interraction with Richersounds, and it's clear that your purpose in posting is well intended. Its worth bearing in mind that the link is now a year old and that things may have changed since then.

As a general notice for other posters, please note that as a general rule it's best to leave it to the person making the query and Richersounds to deal with each other.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Ok, fair enough, I apologise for posting the links.

<edit - missed last part of your post>

I received quite a bit of help in this forum before from non-RS people that I am thankful for. That's what I liked about the place, great store (RS/PS) and advice from both RS/PS and their previous customers. The original topic is a year old but the prices are still the same.

Mod Comment:

Cheers Chris, no apology necessary, we're all good :)

Ritz.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

sorry RS, just ordered the sony amp and speakers on line from another retailer, needed them for next week and couldn't wait any longer

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Slave,

apologies - we have had an awful week and we are trying to play just catch up now - I hope your purchase goes well but please do give us a shot if you can again - you can always call the shop 0044 333.900.071 / 0044.333.900.0070 or my office direct 01.843.9231.

On the arena issue - I agree with Chris - excellent speaker system - crazy stand price!

Apologies again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.