Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to hold onto an Irish mobile number?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi All,

I want to hold onto an Irish mobile number that is currently with Meteor post-paid costing about 20 Euro a month. Is there a cheaper way to hold onto the number? I am not in Ireland anymore and only use the SIM very rarely but need to keep the number just in case. Post-paid would be preferable as I don't have to worry about topping it up or the number getting deactivated by accident.

Thanks,

UU.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Meteor have a 10 euro a month bill pay contract. You should downgrade to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

useruser wrote: »
    Hi All,

I want to hold onto an Irish mobile number that is currently with Meteor post-paid costing about 20 Euro a month. Is there a cheaper way to hold onto the number? I am not in Ireland anymore and only use the SIM very rarely but need to keep the number just in case. Post-paid would be preferable as I don't have to worry about topping it up or the number getting deactivated by accident.

Thanks,

UU.

Cheapest? Prepay. By a mile.

All you have to do is top up by as low as €5 every 6 months (might even be 12 depending on the network) and it will stay active. You can top up online on Meteor and you can schedule top ups as well.

Have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭useruser

jordainius wrote: »
    Cheapest? Prepay. By a mile.

All you have to do is top up by as low as €5 every 6 months (might even be 12 depending on the network) and it will stay active. You can top up online on Meteor and you can schedule top ups as well.

Have a look here

Brilliant, that scheduled top-up option is all I need and will save me plenty. Drinks on me.

Thank you both for your help,

UU.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

From memory o2 is the cheapest, all you need to do is make a chargeable call every 6 months. So you topup a fiver, and that could last for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What Davy said. Topup a fiver and send yourself a text every 6 months :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement