Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone selling a cheap car in Auckland??

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

Or know wheres a good place to pick one up for under 2 grand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Have you tried Ellerslie Car Market every Sunday? Have a large selection there and is broken down in to different priced sections so should find something to suit you easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Gonna check it out this Sunday. Thanks for that.

How much would be too little to pay for a car do you know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Check out the hostels as they will have loads of cars for sale, also trademe.co.nz
    Also cars in Auckland will be more expensive than say Christchurch. Much better value to be had down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Well at Ellerslie, you'll definitely have every type of car and price range under the sun (at least they did when I was there).
    There's on site mechanics that can do a check on the car before you buy it, although I had heard some dealers had partnerships with said mechanics to guarantee a good report on the car.
    I also used carjam.co.nz to check up on the history of the vehicle by entering its registration number as it gives you a finance report and whether its stolen etc.
    Just use your gut and if the car doesn't feel right, move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

Gonna check it out this Sunday. Thanks for that.

How much would be too little to pay for a car do you know?

Anything under 1500 is most likely a rustbucket. At backpacker price ranges it's pretty certain something will go wrong, I ended up with a 93 subaru legacy for 1600 but it's been in to the car doctor for a couple small things

5000+ will buy you something nicer/less likelihood of it going wrong, gets you into the lower end of the dealership range too

• Advertisement
Advertisement