Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bile or Wee

Options
  • 16-05-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

This morning I came down to the kitchen to find 3 wet patches on the floor. First thought is obviously she has pee'd. But the stuff is frothy and gloopy. She has never gone to the toilet in the kitchen overnight before. All 3 patches were over by the back door so I reckon she wanted to get out. Any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Wee smells like wee. Bile doesn't.

Either way, it's not good if your animal is spewing up the final bit of moisture in their empty stomach, or demonstrating repeated incontinence when its not typical behaviour. Any other symptoms?

Don't know if your pet is a dog or a cat, but either way I'd be keeping a close eye today to make sure it's okay - check to see if its dehydrated and see if it has any interest in food and can keep it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I'm assuming dog here?
    Sounds like the dog has vomited on an empty stomach, have a feel of the abdomin and see if its tender. Is the dog lively and its normal self or is it quiet and withdrawn? Make sure they're drinking water and keep a close eye on him/her.
    Both my dogs had a bout of this a while ago, happened overnight too, then continued into the morning(3am until about 11am), it was about 5-6 times each in total. They were both acting normal and running about, went mad to go walkies, the usual. The vet had a look at them, said it was like a tummy bug. He told me not to feed them that day, just make sure the drank plenty, and boil some rice and chicken for them to give when they seemed better.
    If the dog seems under the weather or very quiet I would call a vet, he did stress to me if it continued for more than 12 hours or dogs got quiet or seemed worse or didn't keep drinking, to come back.
    Hope its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Yeah shes a dog. no problem eating her dinner last night, we did give her a fairly good bit of exercise yesterday too. She's back from her walk this morning and has no interest in her food. She does seem her normal self but her stomach is making some really strange sounds so like you said Mymo could be stomach bug, will keep an eye on her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Could she have chewed on a stick? or picked up something and ate it?
    If she's lively and drinking it could just be a bug, but do watch her they can go down hill fast. If she's not sick again by late afternoon I'd try the chicken and rice(just chop some chicken and pop it in a pan with the rice, no stock just water), its easy on the stomach and they seem to like it. Just give small bits, and see if she keeps it down.

Advertisement