Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Propworx

Options
  • 16-05-2010 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been following the propworx auctions of Stargate props on ebay?

I have since they began, haven't bought anything though. Mostly because of the ridiculous shipping to international countries. Theres been some great opportunities though.

For any who doesn't know what im talking about check out propworx here http://stargateartifacts.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Any idea what their international shipping costs are? It just says "Contact seller".

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

I haven't contacted them to get a quote yet but i read their small print and they say in their experience after handling fee ($25), currier shipping and insurance their experience is that shipping is a minimum $85 ti international locations.

Considering their small items are just a piece of production art of a small prop (replicator cell) i just think its a too expensive considering i'd only have about 100 euro to spend on the prop itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Shipping averages between 100-180 USD depending on what you get. I got some pieces that weighed of leather and some which were a few foot long.

They understand how internation shipping can be pricey (they really package everything very well) and will always let you wait to pay for items together from seperate auctionst to combine on the shipping. Think I have gotten about 10 or more items from them in total so far. If you are looking for nice lil pieces, www.stargateprops.com , on ebay just do a search for stargate props and they have framed replicator blocks for 30USD +shipping which is cheap. Great bunch to deal with aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

kwalsh000 wrote: »
    If you are looking for nice lil pieces, www.stargateprops.com , on ebay just do a search for stargate props and they have framed replicator blocks for 30USD +shipping which is cheap. Great bunch to deal with aswell.

Thats great value for replicator blocks, i've seen sets of five replicator blocks sell for over a hundred dollars a couple of times on the propworx.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Glad I could be of help. If anyone is interested in bidding on anything and wants to combine shipping let me know, i'll be getting more stuff over time (and maybe selling a few pieces)

• Advertisement
Advertisement