Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool may go in to administration?

• 16-05-2010 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

i was reading john aldridge write up in a sunday news paper and he says there is whispers about liverpool going in administration.
    i hope this isn't the case.
    What does everyone else think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not again! Aldo doesn't have much insight into finances, clubs get wound up when they can't pay the tax man or other creditors. Liverpool can do both (at the expense of the team)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Think they're one or two more clubs in more danger then Liverpool TBH.
    Sunday papers plus ex-players :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

it was said that if we did we would half our debt but be down 9 points for next season on the plus keep torres and gerrard ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

i was reading john aldridge write up in a sunday news paper and he says there is whispers about liverpool going in administration.

Theres your problem ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

thats what happens when you work on sundays haha :D i still don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

We won't go into administration as the yanky boys would make 0.

They will do everything they can to make their grubby money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Hopefully its true. I cant believe the sunday world pay Aldridge as a football expert when he just writes about Liverpool every week...Boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

hitman79 wrote: »
    Hopefully its true. I cant believe the sunday world pay Aldridge as a football expert when he just writes about Liverpool every week...Boring.
    If you were to use the amount of posts on this forum as a sample its seems like a very good idea to have somebody discussing Liverpool on a weekly basis in an Irish newspaper. The Liverpool general gossip thread is the biggest on this forum every year and there are more threads concerning Liverpool fc than any other club yearly too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Those taxi drivers are at it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you were to use the amount of posts on this forum as a sample its seems like a very good idea to have somebody discussing Liverpool on a weekly basis in an Irish newspaper. The Liverpool general gossip thread is the biggest on this forum every year and there are more threads concerning Liverpool fc than any other club yearly too.

Does that make the shambles that is behind the scenes at Anfield interesting though? How many times does Aldridge have to tell us that 'Rafa has to go' 'Time to get new owners' 'the players arent good enough'. I always liked Aldridge as a player but come on every week the same drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

RBS can put Liverpool in administration by seeking repayment of the capital that was lent to Kop Football, but there's never been any suggestion that they have any desire to do that.

Clearly the recent shakeup of the board was at the behest of RBS and they are pushing the Yanks to sell the club. It's only if a sale doesn't proceed that administration becomes an issue IMO.

Advertisement