Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera to observe a nest at home

Options
  • 16-05-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi folks

I have a couple of starlings (i think) nesting every year in my facia/roof tiles. I'd love to set up a small camera so the kids could observe them in their nest.

anyone over do anything like this, is it very hard to get something decent quality for handy money, I presume it would have to be night vision to see in the dark nest? any reccommendations? I dont mind running wires back to my pc if necessary.

any suggestions would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

hi folks

I have a couple of starlings (i think) nesting every year in my facia/roof tiles. I'd love to set up a small camera so the kids could observe them in their nest.

anyone over do anything like this, is it very hard to get something decent quality for handy money, I presume it would have to be night vision to see in the dark nest? any reccommendations? I dont mind running wires back to my pc if necessary.

any suggestions would be appreciated

Initial thought is that you have left it a bit late for this year (especially with starlings) as you can't go retro fitting a camera to a nest site already in use without causing the birds to desert. There are plenty of others here who will advise on cameras etc. I have been toying with the same idea for years now but never get round to it - good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862462

I've just had 2 of 11 blue tit eggs hatch this morning !!! Happy days.
    I'm watching over t'internet from uk.

Advertisement