Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK driver survey shock findings!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

Bloody hell, it really is fanboy central in here. bmw-driver.net really ought to just annex the place. I'm sure KB would approve :D
    Given the stereotype, i bought fully expecting never to be let out at a junction again. I do think clarkson has a point about the A4 taking the a**hole mantle from the 3, but I think the passat is a serious contender too.

Setting aside rude/inconsiderate drivers for a moment, how can an article about the 'worst-driven' vehicles fail to mention the school run 4X4s? There's an awful lot of catastrophically badly driven rextons, sante fe's and :eek: X5s out there.

it comes down to this: German-make drivers = idiots
    school run drivers: MILFs , they can do what they want
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

This "survey" is quite disturbing for me. I look outside and see a 323ci in the driveway and the wife driving off in the Volvo S40. I can only assume she's the one dragging the family's driving reputation down. :D

I had to be REAL careful how I worded that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i agree things have really being going downhill since the f10 came out,am i the only one that thinks its ugly,like a smaller 7 series at the front and a fat 3 series at the back. im hoping the msport can save it, but the rear tailights are hidious. Also i hear the next m5 will be a twin turbo v8, this contradicts every M car there has been all being NA,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

bmw535d wrote: »
    Also i hear the next m5 will be a twin turbo v8, this contradicts every M car there has been all being NA,

Nope, they've broken their promises already (being "we will never lay fingers on forced induction and we will never do a SUV), when they launched the X5M and X6M, both being SUV and both being bi-turbo. It's that engine, that's assumed will be in the F10 M5.

Anyhow, now it's really going off topic :)

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

i laugh at people buying 525d's, why would you pay the same tax as a 530d and have less power..its the same 3.0 diesel engine detuned for economy, but you can get 50+mpg from a 218bhp 530d so why do you want more?

Does the fact that a new 530d costs seven thousand euro more than the 525d mean nothing to you?

It's a lot of money to be spending for the sake of 41 hp, especially as 204 hp is hardly what you'd call a lack of power, its still 20 more than the original 530d had and I never heard anyone call those cars slow.

Oh and to add to the list of "sacred cows", M said they wouldn't do autos, well guess what the X5M and X6M have as a gearbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

If ye want real German RWD fun, get a Porsche ;)

On-topic though, I wholeheartedly believe that its the age 45+ mercedes drivers who are the worst drivers on the roads, no consideration, no indicating, no sense/awareness of correct lanes & they literally pull into junctions & block hatched yellow-box junctions without even caring!!

The school-run mums are bad drivers, but theyre not the worst. Theyre bad at doing certain things, like parking & being inconsiderate when they literally stop (as in stop & not even bother to pull in) on a road & take 5 mins to get their kids in/out of the car (more often than not an SUV) while blocking a road!!!

In defence of Audi/BMW drivers, imho its the long-distance reps who drive diesel bmws or audi A4s who give em a bad name, although they are also the best drivers on the length of the M7, not driving under the limit & not being afraid of overtaking.
    Its just in urban environments that people think theyre bad drivers, as being a long-range driver, you eventually just dont care about indicating at roundabouts & think nothing of riding up the arse at someone doin 20kmph down a straight road in town (& theyre probably in a merc ;) )

Just my two cents anyway, in defence of the genuine BMW/Audi fans who buy their cars because they like em & know what theyre on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Does the fact that a new 530d costs seven thousand euro more than the 525d mean nothing to you?
    They even mentioned on the Last Word how this thread has turned into a BMW love-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭sk8board

JHMEG wrote: »
    They even mentioned on the Last Word how this thread has turned into a BMW love-in.

heard it alright; have to say it was interesting that the survey was about peoples perception of hte drivers in the other cars, as opposed to bmw-driver bashing, and yet they drew the same conclusions.

Funnily enough they also mentioned that its the shiney beemer you remember and not the dipstick in the '93 corolla, which is true for sure.

That said, was cut up on m50 by 520d this evening, undertook by 318 ci 1 mile further on (I was in center lane, overtaking), and some gob****e in new 320ci in Rathfarnham yesterday though he'd steal a march on those at lights turning right by going up the free-flow bus slip lane, only to go round the corner and get stopped by the plod. bmw or not, oh how we all smiled. its so hard not to.

All that said, I'd prefer a bmw to an audi with those rediculous running lights any day. Figured out today when being tailed by an A5 that they look live evil eye-brows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

sk8board wrote: »
    All that said, I'd prefer a bmw to an audi with those rediculous running lights any day. Figured out today when being tailed by an A5 that they look live evil eye-brows

Running lights aren't ridiculous in any way. They are good for traffic safety, better yet is having the low beam on, always, day in, day out.

How do you think the E60 lights look ? Not much better. The Audi ones are called devil eye headlights for a reason. Angel eyes a less "intrusive", but honestly, any sort of lights, that don't blind you, but are strong enough to be seen on distance in daylight (which parking lights aren't) are a good thing for traffic safety.

/M

• Advertisement

a_v525 wrote: »
    If ye want real German RWD fun, get a Porsche ;)

On-topic though, I wholeheartedly believe that its the age 45+ mercedes drivers who are the worst drivers on the roads, no consideration, no indicating, no sense/awareness of correct lanes & they literally pull into junctions & block hatched yellow-box junctions without even caring!!

The school-run mums are bad drivers, but theyre not the worst. Theyre bad at doing certain things, like parking & being inconsiderate when they literally stop (as in stop & not even bother to pull in) on a road & take 5 mins to get their kids in/out of the car (more often than not an SUV) while blocking a road!!!

In defence of Audi/BMW drivers, imho its the long-distance reps who drive diesel bmws or audi A4s who give em a bad name, although they are also the best drivers on the length of the M7, not driving under the limit & not being afraid of overtaking.
    Its just in urban environments that people think theyre bad drivers, as being a long-range driver, you eventually just dont care about indicating at roundabouts & think nothing of riding up the arse at someone doin 20kmph down a straight road in town (& theyre probably in a merc ;) )

Just my two cents anyway, in defence of the genuine BMW/Audi fans who buy their cars because they like em & know what theyre on about.

a good post well put together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

sk8board wrote: »

..... undertook by 318 ci 1 mile further on (I was in center lane, overtaking), .....

Only a damned good Beemer driver could pull off that maneuvre :D

Seriously, though, and getting back on topic, it's all really a pile of sh*te. People will naturally remember seeing a nice car doing something silly sooner than remember a POS Micra or a bloody Hyundai Accent (would you know one of those if it had no badges on it?) And with BMWs and Volvos being as distinctive as they are, it's no surprise that people remember a particular incident (which is, more than likely, what the survey is really based on).

Fords are among the best selling cars in Britain and while not as distinctive as the other two marques, you're unlikely to mistake one for a Corolla, or a Primera. So there it is. Stupid survey. Really stupid survey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

oh oh its turning into riot! I WHANT TO HELP :D

I just love when BMW drivers with anything below 320 ( or even 320d lol ) saying they drive a sport RWD car.... ech... you just have to love em...

I actually did not noticed BMW drivers being d*cks lately... thought i get all kind of TDIs now trying to drag with me on all lights... Passats, audies, avensis, you name it all whant a piece of me... Damn even polish alfa 156 was trying to messure " lizards" with me...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭RobertM

A thread without pictures is worthless :pac:

bmw-smallpenis2.jpg

RobertM wrote: »

bmw-smallpenis2.jpg
    1272381484937.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I just love when BMW drivers with anything below 320 ( or even 320d lol ) saying they drive a sport RWD car.... ech... you just have to love em...

There is nothing wrong with the 2 litre diesel from BMW. They can be tuned to nearly 300 pounds of torque and 190bhp.

• Advertisement

There is nothing wrong with the 2 litre diesel from BMW. They can be tuned to nearly 300 pounds of torque and 190bhp.

i love you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Keep it in your trousers Borat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'd say that's an absolute rocket alright. ;)

</sarcasm>

SV wrote: »

</sarcasm>

lol stop it lad or you will get us killed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

RobertM wrote: »

i agree:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

some more:

i agree:

Loved the toyota and that "**** the poo" :D

2 thumbs up from borat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

You drive an MX5 right?

I'd imagine a 320D or possibly a 520D remapped would give your MX5 a run for it's money in a straight line.

In fact, I'd say they'd be a tad faster (unless you got the 2.0 version).

They are pretty good engines. I'm not saying they're a sports car or anything like that... but if you consider an MX5 a RWD sports car (which I probably would) and you've got a family saloon that's capable of equalling (or bettering) that...

Vertakill wrote: »
    You drive an MX5 right?

I'd imagine a 320D or possibly a 520D remapped would give your MX5 a run for it's money in a straight line.

In fact, I'd say they'd be a tad faster (unless you got the 2.0 version).

straight line eh? Yes standart mx5 would be owned, but on track or twisty road STANDART 1.8 mx5 would wipe the floor with any remaped 320d or 520d.

Slap a turbo on mx5 and it will do wonders:

Bmw cant even compare with mx5 abilities. I will even dare to say that turbo'ed mx5 would give a really BIG run for the money even for m3... Btw on track, not redneck straight...

straight line eh? Yes standart mx5 would be owned, but on track or twisty road STANDART 1.8 mx5 would wipe the floor with any remaped 320d or 520d.

Slap a turbo on mx5 and it will do wonders:

Bmw cant even compare with mx5 abilities. I will even dare to say that turbo'ed mx5 would give a really BIG run for the money even for m3... Btw on track, not redneck straight...

Luckily I didn't mention tracks, twisty roads OR turbos in my post then?

Of course the MX5 would be better with some turns thrown in, but again, don't underestimate the BMW's handling either.

My point is, don't be so quick to disregard a car just because it's diesel or doesn't look like a sports car.
    210 odd BHP with all that torque is not a bad combination.

There's plenty of people in Altezza's that have 210BHP, RWD and consider their car a sports car and think it's the dogs bo11ox and they probably don't have half the torque.

Luckily I didn't mention tracks, twisty roads OR turbos in my post then?

Of course the MX5 would be better with some turns thrown in, but again, don't underestimate the BMW's handling either.

My point is, don't be so quick to disregard a car just because it's diesel or doesn't look like a sports car.
    210 odd BHP with all that torque is not a bad combination.

There's plenty of people in Altezza's that have 210BHP, RWD and consider their car a sports car and think it's the dogs bo11ox and they probably don't have half the torque.

Well no need to explain about torgue to me, i aswell do drive 400hp skyline with 430 torgue on daily bases. And i can honeslty say i can take turns way fester in mazda then skyline, even when mazda is 3 times less powerfull...

I am not bashing Diesels, i think they are GREAT, but diesel BMW is NOT a SPORTS car, same as mx5 or skyline NOT an executive class cars.

Just makes me lought when people buy a 318/320d BMW and are up theyr holes from smug, thinking they drive festest cars in town ;)

p.s. oh yeah altezzas are rubish... they newer ever have 210hp, they newer even came out from factory with so many ponies... Lovely to look at, but its not fast car...

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

Is it just me or does anyone else think that having a 210bhp diesel with mind boggling torque would give you that duurty feeling of satisfaction.

I don't think he ever called the 3 series a sports car. Its an executive car which can hit 60 in 7.3 seconds after being remapped. It certainly aint slow.

CosmicJay wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that having a 210bhp diesel with mind boggling torque would give you that duurty feeling of satisfaction.

I don't think he ever called the 3 series a sports car. Its an executive car which can hit 60 in 7.3 seconds after being remapped. It certainly aint slow.

if you whant to pick out the words, then be my guest. I know a good few people on ather forums, who are mechanics, they agreed that BMW diesel engines are rubish, they just falling apart.

Any remaped modern turbo diesel engine can show nice figures of torgue, BMW is not unique. Just a question - how long it will hold?

I love the 7 series with V8, like some M cars, but please dont come here and explain me how awesome are low range BMWs... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

langdang wrote: »
    I don't really watch top gear but they're right -Audi drivers are the new BMW drivers. I'm no slow coach but I'm never comfortable with an Audi driver behind me...

When most Audi's are reviewed by car mags they are known not to be the most exciting cars to drive either, surprising really since you would think most of them have a 6 litre v12 in them the way they are driven.:pac:

but please dont come here and explain me how awesome are low range BMWs... :rolleyes:

When did I say that 3 series diesels were awesome? If you can quote me that right now. You win.

Most people have said that they are good executive cars which are hot hatch fast yet you seem to think we are all saying that they are ''awesome''.

Fair enough. I'm surprised your insinuating that bmw diesels are rubbish. Yet you have an mx-5. Which I am sure people constantly call a girls car. Even though they are amazing driver's cars.

Its just like getting 430 torgue's out of your skyline. I could also say. How long will it hold?

I'll say it right here and now. I would drive a remapped 320d. I would love to be able to carry 4 mates and a boot full of crap. Have 190bhp on tap and be able to have a bit of rwd fun. Its still a 1400kg saloon at the end of a day. Its really really simple to see its not a sports car. Like really. It says 320d on the back. Not m3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

When did I say that 3 series diesels were awesome? If you can quote me that right now. You win.

Most people have said that they are good executive cars which are hot hatch fast yet you seem to think we are all saying that they are ''awesome''.

Fair enough. I'm surprised your insinuating that bmw diesels are rubbish. Yet you have an mx-5. Which I am sure people constantly call a girls car. Even though they are amazing driver's cars.

Its just like getting 430 torgue's out of your skyline. I could also say. How long will it hold?

I'll say it right here and now. I would drive a remapped 320d. I would love to be able to carry 4 mates and a boot full of crap. Have 190bhp on tap and be able to have a bit of rwd fun. Its still a 1400kg saloon at the end of a day. Its really really simple to see its not a sports car. Like really. It says 320d on the back. Not m3.

bmw diesels are good in the realm of german diesels but in all fairness theres far better diesel engines, the 3.1 isuzu engine out of the bulletproof trooper, now thats a diesel engine , infact any isuzu diesel except the 3.0 in the 99-05 troopers will destroy a bmw diesel ,

re-mapping is all well and good but theres no point in remapping something thats going to fall apart in standard config, no matter what your opinion of the mx-5 it doesnt change the fact that bmw diesels are nothing special on power, reliability or otherwise , they need diligent servicing and care to keep them on the road and cost more to maintain than other manufacturers,

i reffer to my earlier post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65917526&postcount=20 , why buy a 320d and map it when theres a 330 there , the 330 is actually fast , would cost less to insure than a modded to the hilt 320 and cost less to maintain over the life of the car, that and you can have 330 on the back of the boot :D

comparing a saloon to a hot hatch doesnt work mate , hot hatch is an awful term for small cars with a slightly bigger engine than designed for , i could take a shopping trolley and put a 1.4 petrol engine in it and make it faster than a GTi , still doesnt make it a good car for racing.

both an mx-5 and a skyline will trounce any hot-hatch in terms of handling and performance, but the difference between modding a skyline oor mx-5 over modding a 320d for speed is that the skyline or mx-5 will take the mods and do something wonderful with them, the 320d will just fall apart, if you want a fast bmw buy a fast bmw , if you want an unreliable bmw buy a slow bmw and throw money at it till its 'fast' at the end of the day a moded bmw diesel will only go as fast as the towtruck taking it to the garage

I think you're completely missing the point.

My point, and possibly CosmicJay's, was that ShadowHearth was mocking owners of remapped 320D's because they think they drive fast cars.... when they're not a far cry from his own car which he'd class as a sports coupe.

He'd class his car as a sports coupe and Joe Soap would consider his remapped 320D as a saloon with a bit of poke, nothing more.

I'm not going into the Isuzu diesel engine story because that's literally got nothing to do with anything we're talking about here.

You've completely gone off on a tangent with this 'modding to the hilt' talk because the only other person mentioning modding MX5's or Skylines was ShadowHearth and that was because he misunderstood a few posts himself.

Remapping is not 'modding to the hilt'.
    In fact, it's one of the only things a lot of people will do to their diesels because it's the most bang for your buck that you can probably do.
    And as far as it being cheaper to have a 330D - completely moot point because nobody mentioned a pimped out 320D which was where you were basing the increased insurance costs and you failed to mention the increased tax (based on CC) of a 330D and the worse MPG..

I don't own, nor care to own, a BMW or any diesel car for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

My point, and possibly CosmicJay's, was that ShadowHearth was mocking owners of remapped 320D's because they think they drive fast cars.... when they're not a far cry from his own car which he'd class as a sports coupe.

He'd class his car as a sports coupe and Joe Soap would consider his remapped 320D as a saloon with a bit of poke, nothing more. which is true, an mx-5 or skyline is faster than a 320d , and are sports cars, the 320d is a saloon with a bit of poke

I'm not going into the Isuzu diesel engine story because that's literally got nothing to do with anything we're talking about here. a lot of bmw drivers think a bmw diesel is the bees knees and its simply not true, so while a little off is relevant

You've completely gone off on a tangent with this 'modding to the hilt' talk because the only other person mentioning modding MX5's or Skylines was ShadowHearth and that was because he misunderstood a few posts himself. ill accept this one

Remapping is not 'modding to the hilt'. you would need to do a fair bit of modding to make a 320d an actually fast car, which would end up costing more than a 330
    In fact, it's one of the only things a lot of people will do to their diesels because it's the most bang for your buck that you can probably do.
    And as far as it being cheaper to have a 330D - completely moot point because nobody mentioned a pimped out 320D which was where you were basing the increased insurance costs and you failed to mention the increased tax (based on CC) of a 330D and the worse MPG..

He'd class his car as a sports coupe and Joe Soap would consider his remapped 320D as a saloon with a bit of poke, nothing more.

I'm not going into the Isuzu diesel engine story because that's literally got nothing to do with anything we're talking about here.

You've completely gone off on a tangent with this 'modding to the hilt' talk because the only other person mentioning modding MX5's or Skylines was ShadowHearth and that was because he misunderstood a few posts himself.

Remapping is not 'modding to the hilt'.

Right, you missed a point. i ment that any low range BMW is not a sports car, easy as that. For example stock rb25det engine ( which is in skyline ) can handle 450hp, bmw diesel 320d cant even handle the power it has from stock.
    I consider PROPER SPORT BMW which are atleast 3.0+++. Map your 320d if you whant, but it will fall apart even fester! LOW RANGE BMW IS NOT A SPORTS CAR!

I newer said anything about clasing it as coupe, if you check carefully, the skyline i drive is a 4 door GTST. Now that is the saloon with loads of power and practicality of 4 door. I dont whant to be smug bastord, but you cant even compare a skyline to a 320d in performance...

I did not mocked all BMW drivers, i just dont like BMW drivers who have a low range executive car, thinking they have a sport car.

BMW did made great cars, but Even if i diceded to go for diesel i would go for french diesel...

p.s. read Eric Cartmans post again, he did said some wise words there.

LOW RANGE BMW IS NOT A SPORTS CAR!
    I did not mocked all BMW drivers, i just dont like BMW drivers who have a low range executive car, thinking they have a sport car.

If you read the thread you would realise thats what we have been saying.

What do you not understand about executive saloon!

Edit; Thought I would add something constructive. I do agree a rb25 saloon is a bitchin car.

If you read the thread you would realise thats what we have been saying.

What do you not understand about executive saloon!

no, he actually pulled me first... L2Read first, then judge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHearth viewpost.gif

Maybe I wasn't clear with what I said, I thought I was. I said at least once what my point was.
    i love you :p

</sarcasm>

Regarding the quoted posts, you were joking about the 320D's performance.
    My one and only point was... your 'sports coupe' (the mx5) is probably slower in most circumstances than a remapped 320D that you are mocking.
    There are a lot of 'sports cars' out there that are absolute crap and some of these 'executive' cars can match them.

That's it.

I didn't mention Skylines, turbo'd MX5's, pimped out 320D's or anything like that.

We've agreed with you both that 320D/520D's are not sports cars but they can be quick enough.

I'd rather not go into a huge debate/arguement about this when we're all in agreement somewhat on the core concept of it.

PS. Yes, most BMW drivers I encounter are tossers.

no, he actually pulled me first... L2Read first, then judge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHearth viewpost.gif

Right. Your telling me to learn how to read. Yet not once did he say that it was a sports car. All he said was that there was nothing wrong with them. They can be tuned to 190bhp. Basic remaps give them 190.

Maybe I wasn't clear with what I said, I thought I was. I said at least once what my point was.

Regarding the quoted posts, you were joking about the 320D's performance.
    My one and only point was... your 'sports coupe' (the mx5) is probably slower in most circumstances than a remapped 320D that you are mocking.
    There are a lot of 'sports cars' out there that are absolute crap and some of these 'executive' cars can match them.

That's it.

I didn't mention Skylines, turbo'd MX5's, pimped out 320D's or anything like that.

We've agreed with you both that 320D/520D's are not sports cars but they can be quick enough.

I'd rather not go into a huge debate/arguement about this when we're all in agreement somewhat on the core concept of it.

PS. Yes, most BMW drivers I encounter are tossers.

LOL, your p.s. just cracked me up m8, fair play to ya :D.

okay, lets bury the Waraxe m8. ;) . Just for a love of god dont get yourself a BMW :D

• Advertisement

Right. Your telling me to learn how to read. Yet not once did he say that it was a sports car. All he said was that there was nothing wrong with them. They can be tuned to 190bhp. Basic remaps give them 190.

okay m8 just /facepalm. Forget about it and go to bed, all this stuff is bad for you ;)

okay m8 just /facepalm. Forget about it and go to bed, all this stuff is bad for you ;)

Let's agree to disagree. :D

Bed, Hell no. Day off tomorrow. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Mx5 drivers are just posers. There I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

hhmmm...seems to be a bit of a lull in this thread.

OK, here goes....

I think the 116d is the bestest sports coupe EVER !!!!11!!!1! :p

someone said BMW Diesel's are not fast.. what other 3.0 Diesel's from 2005 produces 272bhp from the factory? and reliability, the 530d engine had one major fault, swirl flaps, and after 2 years BMW fixed the problem in 2005,

someone said BMW Diesel's are not fast.. what other 3.0 Diesel's from 2005 produces 272bhp from the factory? and reliability, the 530d engine had one major fault, swirl flaps, and after 2 years BMW fixed the problem in 2005,
    Dude, give it a rest !!!

• Advertisement

but in fairness an mx5 and a 4 door single turbo skyline are not something to public ally shout about,lol he said the practicality of a 4 door, if you wanted practicality of a 4 door the word skyline shouldn't come into it,,lets face it, shouldn't you sell both and buy the gtr rb26DETT? maybe then you can say its faster round a track than an e30 m3, which no doubt can handle as good as an mx5 but wont be called a girls car,EVER

a 3 litre making 272bhp...STOP THE PRESS! THIS IS GROUND BREAKING!

a 3 litre making 272bhp...STOP THE PRESS! THIS IS GROUND BREAKING!

SO MUCH SO THE M57 ENGINE HAS WON THE 3 LITER ENGINE OF THE YEAR CATEGORY WHAT 4 TIMES NOW?

and stop shouting especially at this time of night

OK OK...3L BMW diesels are the most fantabulous engines ever produced by man. Now please stop spamming with fanboy wet dreams!!!

BMW 3 litre diesel ... blah blah blah...ad infinitum.

SO MUCH SO THE M57 ENGINE HAS WON THE 3 LITER ENGINE OF THE YEAR CATEGORY WHAT 4 TIMES NOW?

and stop shouting especially at this time of night

lol, it's nothing special.
    get the fúck over it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement