Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a housemate in Dublin 2

Options
  • 16-05-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mmille24

I've been looking for a nice share but have been unable to find something that meets my needs. I'd like to be somewhere in Dublin 2, or centrally located. An apt with washer, dryer, and internet is necessary. Cable TV and dishwasher would also be nice additional perks. I'm looking for a higher end type place in a great location. Looking to spend around 1300 per person, possibly more. I'd be looking to move in around mid June, but can be flexible and looking for a year lease.

A little about myself:
    I'm a 26/m working professional moving from NYC to Dublin for work (Finance). I'm friendly, caring, considerate, laid back, enjoy going out, enjoy staying in, love cooking and sports.

Please let me know if you are in a similar situation and give me a shout if you'd like to go apt searching. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

mmille24 wrote: »
    I've been looking for a nice share but have been unable to find something that meets my needs. I'd like to be somewhere in Dublin 2, or centrally located. Looking to spend around 1300 per person, possibly more.

For €1300 a month you could get a two bed, city centre apartment to yourself without having to share. Take a look on www.daft.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mmille24

I've found that it's always the case you can get a nicer place if you share. Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

I've found that it's always the case you can get a nicer place if you share. Thanks though.

no need to be like that and as you're moving here from abroad then you know nothing about the rental situation
    for 1300 you can get a nice place to live even a two bed apartment or house all by yourself as with that attitude i doubt anyone will want to live with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Dannyboy1987

Its not New York over here

Attitude?

I've looked on daft for quite some time, so I have an idea of the rental situation. I've found nicer places are of the shared variety. No offense meant.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc2&s[mnp]=2000&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[route_id]=&s[a_id_transport]=0&s[street_name]=&s[txt]=&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[npt_id]=&s[days_old]=&s[single_beds]=&s[double_beds]=&s[twin_beds]=&s[agreed]=&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&id=861610

Such as a place like this.Or this.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc2&s[mnp]=2000&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[route_id]=&s[a_id_transport]=0&s[street_name]=&s[txt]=&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[npt_id]=&s[days_old]=&s[single_beds]=&s[double_beds]=&s[twin_beds]=&s[agreed]=&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=0&limit=10&id=885186

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

You pay 1300 a month in rent and i'll stay in the spare room rent free :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Attitude?

I've looked on daft for quite some time, so I have an idea of the rental situation. I've found nicer places are of the shared variety. No offense meant.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc2&s[mnp]=2000&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[route_id]=&s[a_id_transport]=0&s[street_name]=&s[txt]=&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[npt_id]=&s[days_old]=&s[single_beds]=&s[double_beds]=&s[twin_beds]=&s[agreed]=&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&id=861610

Such as a place like this.Or this.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=pc2&s[mnp]=2000&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[route_id]=&s[a_id_transport]=0&s[street_name]=&s[txt]=&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[npt_id]=&s[days_old]=&s[single_beds]=&s[double_beds]=&s[twin_beds]=&s[agreed]=&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=0&limit=10&id=885186

fyi

User the Daft short links

1 :
    www.daft.ie/2861610

2:
    http://www.daft.ie/2861610

Hahaha. Thanks for that.

If you guys can point me in the direction of nice 1 bedroom/2 bedroom places that are in Dublin 2 and not in the docklands area I'd really appreciate it. I just haven't been able to find them.

edellc wrote: »
    no need to be like that and as you're moving here from abroad then you know nothing about the rental situation
    for 1300 you can get a nice place to live even a two bed apartment or house all by yourself as with that attitude i doubt anyone will want to live with you

What attitude? The only rudeness I've seen in this thread is from you. Talk about uncalled for. Of course you can get a place on your own for 1300, but you could get an amazing place for twice that with loads of space. It probably isn't a great idea in Dublin, but why insult the OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Your best bet is to check out daft.ie as others have said.
    Most houses and apartments for rent in Dublin are put on that site.

For your price range, you should definitely be able to find something suitable.
    1300 is quite a considerable amount of money so you'll pretty much have your pick of most one-beds and house shares, it's just up to you to find the best on for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hahaha. Thanks for that.

If you guys can point me in the direction of nice 1 bedroom/2 bedroom places that are in Dublin 2 and not in the docklands area I'd really appreciate it. I just haven't been able to find them.

Can I ask why you want to discount the docklands area? Working in Dublin 2? There are a lot of very nice apartments in this area and its a very quick walk to Dublin 2. Dublin isn't so big that you need to discount areas when you could save yourself a lot of cash. Its expensive enough living in Dublin City (believe me, I know!) without paying over the odds on rent.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Can I ask why you want to discount the docklands area? Working in Dublin 2? There are a lot of very nice apartments in this area and its a very quick walk to Dublin 2. Dublin isn't so big that you need to discount areas when you could save yourself a lot of cash. Its expensive enough living in Dublin City (believe me, I know!) without paying over the odds on rent.

I just kind of like the city centre more, a bit more lively, and looks like there are more shops around it. However, many of the docklands apartments do look absolutely beautiful. My company is fortunately sporting the bill for the apt, so saving them money isn't a concern of mine. ;)

In addition, I've lived alone for 3 years, and I find it to be rather boring. I've always found it more fun living with others, so I guess that's another reason why I'd like a share.

I just kind of like the city centre more, a bit more lively, and looks like there are more shops around it. However, many of the docklands apartments do look absolutely beautiful. My company is fortunately sporting the bill for the apt, so saving them money isn't a concern of mine. ;)

In addition, I've lived alone for 3 years, and I find it to be rather boring. I've always found it more fun living with others, so I guess that's another reason why I'd like a share.

These days the Docklands is very much classed as the city centre. I'm currently down in the IFSC and definitely wouldn't head in to Dublin 2 (my sister rented there for a few years and the noise at weekends didn't make up for the closer shops.) A lot of the apartments in the Docklands area are (in my experience anyway) much nicer for the same money than somewhere say on Dame Street or somewhere you consider more central. Worth keeping in mind :)

Best of luck with the hunt anyway.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Where in the IFSC area are you? Do you know anything about the Spencer Docks? I've seen a few of those on daft.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Where in the IFSC area are you? Do you know anything about the Spencer Docks? I've seen a few of those on daft.

We're very close to the National College of Ireland so we're pretty much bang in the middle of the IFSC. It's great. Plenty of restaurants/pubs and grocery shops. Nice and quiet at the weekends and its a short walk (or Luas ride) to O'Connell Street.

I have a few friends renting in Spencer Dock and they love it. Again, it's quiet and has the Luas. The only complaint is that there aren't a lot of shops there yet as the area is still being built up. The apartment is gorgeous though :)

Advertisement