Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny triathlon 24/7/10

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

3 stars (average)
    EMPM wrote: »
    My only issue is that my time is not up on the results, hopefully they update the results as i know a few other ones are missing as well.

There seems to have been a fair bit of confusion with the timing. It seems to be fairly sorted out here http://chipit.ie/admin/admin/editor.php?action=read&id=162

One of my friends didn't complete all the laps, by mistake (I don't know how either:confused:) But judging by the amount of people that don't have finishing place numbers, it was quite common. I also overheard the organisers saying that the person who was third over the line had won (not sure which distance) And also in the video on the website, one of the winners being interviewed was unsure if he had completed the right amount.

From a going forward point of view it would of been nice to see the swim time seperated from the T1 time, also for some race results I've seen it give the position you came for that particular split which I'd imagine is also quite motivating. Maybe thats down to the choice of timing company.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

3 stars (average)
    Trifreak wrote: »
    Only Marshall I saw was on the top of the hill after the Springhill Hotel. A static marshall, hardly the way to go.....

I may be understanding you wrongly but I was in the last wave and there must have been 30 odd marshals/volunteers on the bike course, at almost every junction. Would these not be watching out for drafting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Trifreak

3 stars (average)
    As far as I could see there was only one drafting marshall. The rest were volunteers stopping cars coming out of side roads

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Coolio

3 stars (average)
    Trifreak wrote: »
    As far as I could see there was only one drafting marshall. The rest were volunteers stopping cars coming out of side roads

That's all I saw too, one guy cycling back towards us and he said nothing to the three guys that were drafting all the way around. Normally it's a motorbike with a spotter, that seems to be the best way. I'm sure it's something they'll look at for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

3 stars (average)
    There seems to have been a fair bit of confusion with the timing. It seems to be fairly sorted out here http://chipit.ie/admin/admin/editor.php?action=read&id=162

One of my friends didn't complete all the laps, by mistake (I don't know how either:confused:) But judging by the amount of people that don't have finishing place numbers, it was quite common. I also overheard the organisers saying that the person who was third over the line had won (not sure which distance) And also in the video on the website, one of the winners being interviewed was unsure if he had completed the right amount.

From a going forward point of view it would of been nice to see the swim time seperated from the T1 time, also for some race results I've seen it give the position you came for that particular split which I'd imagine is also quite motivating. Maybe thats down to the choice of timing company.

Thankfully my time is now up on the chipit website. It does seem like there was a lot of confusion with the laps, although i thought it was pretty clear.

I agree, it would have been nice to get a seperate swim & T1, but overall im happy with the race.

I was in the 1st wave and was out on my own for a very lonely 1st lap so didnt see any drafting, it was only on my 2nd lap where i came accross bunches of people, it dosnt bother me anymore, i have come to accept that this kind of carry on goes on at every race. I just get on with my own race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

2 stars (poor)
    Thankfully my time is now up on the chipit website. It does seem like there was a lot of confusion with the laps, although i thought it was pretty clear.

I agree, it would have been nice to get a seperate swim & T1, but overall im happy with the race.

I was in the 1st wave and was out on my own for a very lonely 1st lap so didnt see any drafting, it was only on my 2nd lap where i came accross bunches of people, it dosnt bother me anymore, i have come to accept that this kind of carry on goes on at every race. I just get on with my own race.

the problem is if drafting isn't dealt with -you will be in your own race!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

3 stars (average)
    longshank wrote: »
    the problem is if drafting isn't dealt with -you will be in your own race!!!

I agree that it wont go away if it is not dealt with, of course i would prefer if it did not happen, but it does, i cant do anything about it while im racing so i just get on with my own race. I know that when i look at my times, they are a true reflection of how i performed that day.

So how do we stop drafting? should each race have an independant draft marshall maybe appointed by TI. I think that a lot of draft marshalls are club members that may not want to penalise fellow triathletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

2 stars (poor)
    I agree that it wont go away if it is not dealt with, of course i would prefer if it did not happen, but it does, i cant do anything about it while im racing so i just get on with my own race. I know that when i look at my times, they are a true reflection of how i performed that day.

So how do we stop drafting? should each race have an independant draft marshall maybe appointed by TI. I think that a lot of draft marshalls are club members that may not want to penalise fellow triathletes.

by that logic u might as well just go out and time yourself on a training run? the challenge to me is comparing yourself against others but if they are cheating what is the comparison.
    Solution? - TI sanction requires x no. of motorbike marshals, then at least u know doing a sanctioned race equals a decent standard of marshalling?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I think the punishment for being caught needs to be more harsh. 2min penalty? 2mins would have easily been gained by drafting around the course. Caught once, 5/10 min penalty? (enough to make sure you are out of the running).. caught a second time.. DQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blanchdub

i know at least 1 person who did 1 lap ..and his time is recorded... this is unfair... the organiser needs to have a proper way to check whether someone did 2 laps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Advertisement