Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair modding on feedback

Options
  • 16-05-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

I wish to voice my protest at the poor quality of modding on feedback. Posters from the soccer forum have been posting incessantly about me without so much as an infraction.
    This bumping of threads is being tolerated and for what reason I don't know but there was been no attempt by mods to rectify this.
    Once more the SF posters and their mods walk away without so much as a blemish on their records while once more I am singled out.
    We are all responsible for what we post on here but it seems that is not being applied across the board. Time for a bit of collective responsibity here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

A reply would be nice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hi there spiritoftheseventies. You need to give people a chance to respond. I'm replying to let you know that it's being looked at. give us some time to delve into it, discuss it and get back to you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SOTS, I'm sorry that you feel we have failed you in this regard. I do not believe we can adequately meet your requirements from us and I believe you might be better off using some other kind of social media, there are many to choose from. We will not be making any changes to our moderating systems at the moment so there will be no change as you seem to desire.

For this reason and others I think you should find somewhere more fitting to your social media needs.

DeV.

Sorry DeVore but again that is not what at issue here. One poster came on feedback having already being on a ban in another forum. So he needed someone to take it out here. Any mod who clinked on his link would have seem where he was coming on the minute that troll post was posted a few weeks bac
    MY social networking needs having absolutely nothing to do with it. These are posters posting on feedback without making any worthwhile contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

This bumping of threads is being tolerated and for what reason I don't know but there was been no attempt by mods to rectify this.

I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of bumping a thread. It involves taking a thread that has had no posts in a few weeks/months/years and posting in it to bring it back to life.

With that in mind, I don't understand what your point is.
    Once more the SF posters and their mods walk away without so much as a blemish on their records while once more I am singled out.

You are not being singled out. There are things going on that you are not aware of.
    We are all responsible

I'm sorry, but in this case you are responsible. I posted a clear and unambiguous warning on the thread and you jump in straight away with a mild attack on Des. You need to take responsibility for your actions on this site.
    Sorry DeVore but again that is not what at issue here. One poster came on feedback having already being on a ban in another forum. So he needed someone to take it out here. Any mod who clinked on his link would have seem where he was coming on the minute that troll post was posted a few weeks back

Again, I don't really understand your point here.
    These are posters posting on feedback without making any worthwhile contribution.

Nail. Head.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of bumping a thread. It involves taking a thread that has had no posts in a few weeks/months/years and posting in it to bring it back to life.

With that in mind, I don't understand what your point is.

You are not being singled out. There are things going on that you are not aware of.

I'm sorry, but in this case you are responsible. I posted a clear and unambiguous warning on the thread and you jump in straight away with a mild attack on Des. You need to take responsibility for your actions on this site.

Again, I don't really understand your point here.

Nail. Head.
    Re des. Sorry but I didnt see that warning as it was on the other page. Surely if I am to give mods benefit of doubt when they dont pick up on every post, then occassionally posters miss warnings too. Fair is fair there Tom so take my word when I say I didn't see the warning.
    Re the bumping of the thread by that I mean posters were coming on to a thread and dragging it off topic.
    As for nail on head topic, those posters subsequently had those posts removed. A good chunk of mine stayed.
    I agree with you that maybe a week off is the best but only because of what some posters are up to.
    We are going round in circles here but all im asking and all I have ever been asking is a fair outcome to this.
    Doesn't mean that I have to be seen to be right or boards is seen to be right but that neither one is seem to be put down in the process.
    I am very wary of getting fair play when one soccer mod comes on and says stuff like "its only a matter of time before your luck runs out". That isn't exactly the tone of some one who is willing to me half way.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SOTS, you have been a persistent pain in the nether regions since you have arrived. Either put up with the place, or leave because everyone else here is happy with how things are.
    Now maybe we're massively wrong and we'll regret it some day but its our choice to make so thank you for your feedback.

DeV.

Advertisement