Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time limit on vodafone credit?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,
    just wondering is there a time limit on when you can input credit into a vodafone phone after it's bought?
    my brother bought €20 credit around the 26th april when he was leaving for oz but he never put it into his phone. would i be able to put the credit into my phone now, 3 weeks on or do you have to put the credit in before a certain time after it's bought?

thanks
    whiteman19
    sorry if this is the wrong forum. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Sure give it a try. Whats the worst that could happen? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

He should be able to do it himself by dialing 1741 in Australia and selecting the top up option for an Irish Top Up Voucher. If he's not you can ring Vodafone Customer Care on 1850208787 and they'll put the credit on his number for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

he doesn't want to use the credit himself. he uses skype for calling now. what i'm asking is if you buy credit, do you have to use it within a certain time?
    i'm gonna try and do it, i still have to get the serial code off him anyway. :rolleyes:

thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sorry apologies for not reading the original post properly.

Last I knew you had twelve months to enter the top up, but you definitely have more than a month to enter the code

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I could be way off, but im thinking 90 days for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Voucher codes bought from shops are valid for 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

According to the Vodafone website, it's two years from date of purchase.
    The Customer may apply Call credit to their Account by means of any of the methods made available by Vodafone from time to time and may thereafter make Calls for a certain fixed period as advised by Vodafone from time to time (please refer to Vodafone's Customer Guide for details). The amount of the Call credit will reduce as a result of Calls being made. No Calls may be made once all Call credit has been used (with the exception of Calls to the emergency services and the Vodafone Talkback service). The Customer may continue to receive Calls for a period of 8 months (or such other period as Vodafone may advise from time to time) following the date on which Call credit is last applied to their Account. Top Up codes must be activated within two years of the issue date. After this period, it will not be possible to redeem any credit associated with the code.

Linky. Term 3.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

cheers, i looked on the vodafone site but there was too many things to sift through.

thanks for all the replies :)
    whiteman

Advertisement