Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH EVOLUTION QUALIFIERS 2010

Options
  • 16-05-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Check out

www.streetfighter.ie

Because the event is at gamesnash most of us will be meeting in central dublin and travelling together, i will make a post closer to the time about this so everybody can travel together and not get lost :)

GET HYPE!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

OH YEAH.

Now it's fo reals, yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

OMGASDS!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll echo the comment I put on streetfighter.ie

Button binding is allowed in the official Evo rules, so why not at a qualifier? http://evo2k.com/?page_id=378

Pretty much excluding anyone who plays on a regular controller. Also for SSFIV at Evo, it’ll be played on PS3, so why have the qualifier on 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

The day before my girlfriend leaves the country for good. Maybe next year... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I have 2 weeks of exams before this and I have already planned to get in a bad way the night before this, so I don't think I'l be around for this.

If you look at the inferno 10 poll it shows a lot of ppl will have trouble with this date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I can only make the 29th and thats assuming I can get a place to stay in Dublin that night, but I think alot of people will have issues with the 29th. After that work means I won't be able to get to Dublin on weekends for several months.

Also can we get clarification on the rules. Who decided on them? Is there a standard format for EVO qualifers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wont be able to make it myself, going to a music fest that weekend.

Also totally disagree with the rules regarding button binding. The rules of this should mirror those of the competition it's a qualifier for.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

My stance on button binding should be obvious.

(I want it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Button binding has been allowed.

Stop complaining and GET HYPE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Cobelcog wrote: »
    My stance on button binding should be obvious.

(I want it)

Ok cobelcog we changed the rules just for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

:pac:

Do we all get a rule change?

I think Cammy should be banned so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sounds great! About the TE prize, is that provided by capcom or is that being bought from the pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Azza wrote: »

:pac:

It was the right decision to make. Hell, I play on a Hori EX2 w/ 6 buttons, but binding is almost a necessity for pad players.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »

Bison has to use U1 only :D

Cool regarding the binding rule change. Pissed I can't go, but even if I could I don't think I could afford the €20 entry!

Btw, don't know why people think you can't play on pad without binding. I played pad default for ages and it was grand!

Jim wrote: »
    Cool regarding the binding rule change. Pissed I can't go, but even if I could I don't think I could afford the €20 entry!

Btw, don't know why people think you can't play on pad without binding. I played pad default for ages and it was grand!

pad default has triples bound the the left trigger and bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Eh pad on default has PPP and KKK binded Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Is ther any second place prize? A trip and a stick seem like a fairly huge prize for a single person.
    I know, this is a big event so the winner should get a big prize but maybe the stick should go to the runer up?

Orim wrote: »
    pad default has triples bound the the left trigger and bumper
    Yea, sorry. I meant that I never used them. Pressed all three kicks or punches separately.

• Advertisement

Quick someone use up there one time rule change ability and ban Guiles sonic boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

You have a stick :P

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sagat06 wrote: »
    You have a stick :P

:D
    That's why the second place guy should get it. I only want the Vegas trip :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Jim wrote: »

Not for me :( (thankfully the pad days are behind me :))... Anyone I know who uses a pad uses the bindings.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im in..

We should make a sign up list..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

My 1 rule change:

Everyone who uses character above #33 on the tier list is banned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sairus wrote: »
    Is ther any second place prize? A trip and a stick seem like a fairly huge prize for a single person.
    I know, this is a big event so the winner should get a big prize but maybe the stick should go to the runer up?

Ye I agree. The winner will be happy enough with the plane ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

^^^

Im agreed.. The 1st place is prize is plenty, 2nd place should get the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Just on the Wireless pads are banned rule:

This would only apply to the standard 360 and ps3 pads. Wireless pads/sticks that use a usb receiver are fine because the receiver must be plugged into the console for the device to work, and would be plugged out afterwards so there's no chance of it messing with someone's game later down the line.

• Advertisement

I would assume you can use the standard pads if you remove the battery pack and use the connector cable.

Advertisement