Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH EVOLUTION QUALIFIERS 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Fairly certain PS3 pads using the USB cable bypasses that rule too, but it won't apply to a 360 tourney obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah good points. Basically I was just making sure those guys who use madcatz pads didnt read rule that and think they were being screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I highly doubt I'll be able to make this, my college end of year exhibition is on the 27th and if I realistically wanted to make this, I'd have to pay for two nights in Dublin or somewhere close to the location. Basically, not enough cash to cover both events.

Good luck to those who will be travelling, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The annoucment today on the site more than doubled our usual hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I think it's on the same day as the last day of my Saturday classes for this term that I really wouldn't wanna miss. Shame, would've liked to at least show up for support even if I didn't enter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Won't be able to go. Playing a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Sounds great,I'll be there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

blag wrote: »
    Sounds great,I'll be there.

Sigh. Just like in the real world, you get rid of one dictator for a while, and another take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Currently I'm down to work that Saturday =/ Not that I would even be getting out of groups. Best of luck you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I'm not sure about this. Firstly, isn't even only played on sticks? Idk. If evo is played on PS3 then why are we having the comp on 360. As a ps3 pad player this sucks for me, ha. I doubt it I'll enter.

• Advertisement

The Hound wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this. Firstly, isn't even only played on sticks? Idk. If evo is played on PS3 then why are we having the comp on 360. As a ps3 pad player this sucks for me, ha. I doubt it I'll enter.

Fairly certain Sisko has a spare PS2>360 converter so if you want to play on PS2 pad, that's open to you.

Edit: Or just buy one for almost nothing: http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-PS2-controller-Xbox-360-converter-adapter-cable-/280507871693?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item414f9271cd

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

The Hound wrote: »

You can use pads at evo and evo is ps3 only as they got a deal from sony or something.Didn't you use someones converter to use a ps3 pad on xbox vs cobelcog in the final the last time?

Hope you can make it anyway,this looks to have the best prize out of all the tournaments so far and hopefully EVERYONE will make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

blag wrote: »
    You can use pads at evo and evo is ps3 only as they got a deal from sony or something.Didn't you use someones converter to use a ps3 pad on xbox vs cobelcog in the final the last time?

Hope you can make it anyway,this looks to have the best prize out of all the tournaments so far and hopefully EVERYONE will make it.
    Ye I used a PS2 pad. I'll try make it for it. Should be fun anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Can I ask is this being run for profit, or are all entry fee's being offset against the cost of prizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

A-Trak wrote: »
    Can I ask is this being run for profit, or are all entry fee's being offset against the cost of prizes?

If the TE is being bought from the entry pot, I think that's a bit silly. The majority of players at the top level already have TEs or don't use sticks at all. That money could be put to better use for the EVO flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I had assumed that gamesnash would be providing it, or something of the like.
    As nice as gamesnash is(apparently) It is a bit out of the way for a comp.

Also Did evo give us a space/something or is that coming out of the entry fee, like we talked about at xgc a few weeks back?

I'm almost 100% sure that all the prize pot is going toward flights etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does the winner get to bring a young protege with him like daigo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He has to have an alias though. Like dan from japan.

Our version could be Jerry from Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ew Kerry. Way to make us instantly lose all credibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have a great chance

Placebo wrote: »
    i have a great chance at noticing it's not five minutes from my house and not bothering to go.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Jim wrote: »
    I'm almost 100% sure that all the prize pot is going toward flights etc.

Then where is the TE coming from?!

animaX wrote: »
    Then where is the TE coming from?!
    I have no idea personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Farz you already won a Gamesnash thing. No seconds for you, m'boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

8 days to go!!!

Get hype!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

no.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

5 projects due in the next 6 days... dont they know I need to practise? =(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Golly IE

Hmmm my 20th is the next day :) Its a maybe if i can get up with Kneecap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Golly IE wrote: »