Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH EVOLUTION QUALIFIERS 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Im finished exams on friday and getting drunk as **** that night.
    Doubt il make this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

... I will see you all at XGC then so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

So, will the EVO qualifiers be recorded? Sisko, do you want to try out the direct recording?

I'll bring a doomcam but my stand is kaput and my memory card is off with jim or sisko :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I have your memory card. I'll try and get it to Sisko tomorrow sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll bring a doomcam but my stand is kaput and my memory card is off with jim or sisko :D

I've got a tripod for my camera now, so you can use that if you wish? I assume Doomcam is considerably better than my pocket camera.

Sairus wrote: »
    I've got a tripod for my camera now, so you can use that if you wish? I assume Doomcam is considerably better than my pocket camera.

Sounds like a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've got your tripod and will be bringing it in Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'll bring my tripod anyways. More matches recorded means more power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I plan to try and get direct cam feed yes, I going into town tomorrow to buy the needed wires for hooking up a console to my camera and having it display on the screen at the same time. Then head to XGC for some tests/casual games.

What wires do the 360's use to connect to the monitors at xgc?

Do they have a TV we can use at Gamenash? This would mean guaranteed lag free play.

I plan to only record the top 8, but this would mean all of these matches would have to be taken in turns on the same console...

As we're ****ed for time on this, it might not be possible...

So if we are totally screwed, I'm guessing winners final, losers final and grand final would still be something at least. The doomcam doing its usual thing for all the other matches.

IF I can get direct feed working then the doom cam's role will be recording the players/crowd. So it'd be set up facing the players.

I can then mix to two streams of footage and audio together in editing.

Jim will you be around tomorrow? I need that s-video converter + lead back.

I wanted to test all this earlier in the week, at yesterdays casuals but I had presentations and then an exhibition to attended at DCU , and another today.

• Advertisement

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Come again, there sonny boy? :p

Shup you Mr "I'm not going cause people won't be drunk thus I wont place anywhere" :pac:

Sisko wrote: »
    Shup you Mr "I'm not going cause people won't be drunk thus I wont place anywhere" :pac:

OUCH! Grudge match hype

Shup you terry, I owe you one remember, its 2 -1 to you ....but for how long..

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN.

<_<

>_>

(yes it could end up 3-1 :o)

Shup you terry, I owe you one remember, its 2 -1 to you ....but for how long..

Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN.

<_<

>_>

(yes it could end up 3-1 :o)

Haha, i like those odds. Although i hate ibuki with a passion

It's weird watching sisko getting all hype.

He comes accross as such a nice boy in all those ads!

Hehe my ibuki isnt up to ryu standards yet though , at best I'd be using her for some match ups but I'll still be rockin boring ryu too.

It's weird watching sisko getting all hype.

He comes accross as such a nice boy in all those ads!

They wouldnt let me use my own lines :(

I still have access to that back up camera.

If there is a logical reason to bring both I'll do so.

If worst comes to worst, and I can't get direct feed at all, I'll use my cam to record players/crowd and direct audio for some of the later matches that you record with your doom cam.

So I dunno if you'd need it or not, it might come in handy for later events if we're gonna get commentators going or even streaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sisko, I'll be in town tomorrow around 4 I think. I'll bring the SD card and cable for you. I'll give you a ring when I'm in. If you've gone home ntw, I have to go to my mother's tomorrow so I can call in on the way.

I'm demanding this be renamed the evovision song contest.

I'm demanding this be renamed the evovision song contest.

Better yet, the EvoVision Wong Contest :pac:

People get drunk at the Infenos? :p I'm not going cause I know I wont win, so I'm not pissing €40 away!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

The Leprekaun will be attending this!

GET HYYYPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Very defeatist attitude D4rk_onion, just saying, not having a go. That's kind of dis too

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    People get drunk at the Infenos? :p I'm not going cause I know I wont win, so I'm not pissing €40 away!

Thats even worse then the make up joke reason I gave you.

I prefer realistic. At the infernos I can say I placed whatever, and I rank whatever. But this is 1st prize takes all, and I can't touch Azza, Bush, Cobelcog and for the most part DooM, off the top of my head, so I'll save my money and come up next week.

I'm a bit demoralised at the mo, don't need it getting any worse :o

Wow

You don't really sound demoralised. Well I'm not gonna say anything else , its your choice.

• Advertisement

Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'd own everyone else, oh no. I'm just saying those off the top of my head. Forget it. I'll see ye in a week.

Advertisement