Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH EVOLUTION QUALIFIERS 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'd own everyone else, oh no. I'm just saying those off the top of my head. Forget it. I'll see ye in a week.
    Onion, Hasn't Honda got better now? His match ups have changed for the better. Im not saying this is a reason to come but just wondering. I've fought a few hondas online and he seems better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Anyone from up North heading down? Train's at 10.35 but if anyone's already travelling and wants to pick up some petrol money, that'd be great. I'm meant to be going to a single launch for Silhouette at 8pm in Belfast but I don't want to miss this. Recently becoming unemployed, though, I don't really want to spend a lot of money travelling either...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I'm not saying I'd own everyone else, oh no. I'm just saying those off the top of my head. Forget it. I'll see ye in a week.

Onion what kind of attitude is that?

This is the biggest tournament ireland has ever had, i can`t believe your not going to come just because you think you can`t win.

You can`t think like that Onion, whenever ryan and i went around japan, we didn`t go into arcades thinking ohh **** its Nuki hes going to **** us up, we went into the arcades thinking we can take these guys on and beat them, sure they might be better than us and have more experience than us, but we can definately win against these guys, that is the attitude you have to come with for this tournament and if you come with that attitude i know you can do well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

chunkis wrote: »
    Onion what kind of attitude is that?

This is the biggest tournament ireland has ever had, i can`t believe your not going to come just because you think you can`t win.

You can`t think like that Onion, whenever ryan and i went around japan, we didn`t go into arcades thinking ohh **** its Nuki hes going to **** us up, we went into the arcades thinking we can take these guys on and beat them, sure they might be better than us and have more experience than us, but we can definately win against these guys, that is the attitude you have to come with for this tournament and if you come with that attitude i know you can do well.

Seriously there's a couple of people going I've never beaten before but you're damn sure I wil go and you're damn sure I'm going to do my best to wreck their day.

Kanped wrote: »
    Anyone from up North heading down? Train's at 10.35 but if anyone's already travelling and wants to pick up some petrol money, that'd be great. I'm meant to be going to a single launch for Silhouette at 8pm in Belfast but I don't want to miss this. Recently becoming unemployed, though, I don't really want to spend a lot of money travelling either...

I'm not sure, to be honest- I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Seriously there's a couple of people going I've never beaten before but you're damn sure I wil go and you're damn sure I'm going to do my best to wreck their day.

Thats exactly the attitude people need to have coming into this tournament!

Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chunkis wrote: »
    Thats exactly the attitude people need to have coming into this tournament!

Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm plenty sure there's loads of people who want to ruin my day too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Yeah fair enough but this time try and do it in sf4? I mean that blonde kid that was at xgc a few weeks back was really upset and his parents were in talking to the manager of the cafe about having the sf4 folks barred...

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

joconnell wrote:
    Yeah fair enough but this time try and do it in sf4? I mean that blonde kid that was at xgc a few weeks back was really upset and his parents were in talking to the manager of the cafe about having the sf4 folks barred...

What?

joconnell wrote: »

Dude I promised Azza we wouldn't talk about that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

Kanped wrote: »

I don't think I'll be heading down tbh, I'm unemployed myself and I don't have 60 euro to spare. Things might change but as of right now it isn't looking likely, so you guys may thank your lucky stars! You've got one less mediocre Balrog to worry about!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Dude I promised Azza we wouldn't talk about that!

To be fair he did say he'd have his revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

joconnell wrote: »

cobelcog?

thats how he wins ! by getting his parents to bar his opponents

Placebo wrote: »
    cobelcog?

thats how he wins ! by getting his parents to bar his opponents

Well played!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Bad news guys , neither petes nor maplin had the cables I needed to get direct feed.

Need 3 of these cables :
    rcaFto2M3inch.jpg

Only thing petes could do was get the same effect using converters and stuff and as I'd need to buy 3 of everything I just don't have the money.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Tried Power City Sisko?

I might take a walk over myself and see if they have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I have at least one of those converter yokes. I think I packed my second one up and sent it to Cork though.
    I can bring one with me tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Sisko wrote: »
    Bad news guys , neither petes nor maplin had the cables I needed to get direct feed.

Why do you need that cable and why do you need three?! I might have cables that would do a similar job

Do you have a composite to s-video converter too? Barry has mine and he won't be there , my camera takes s-video in so I'd need one of those too.

I'll be bringing my camera in anyway and I'll try to get direct audio recorded with the camera facing the players/crowd so yeah we'll get something anyway with that combined with the doom cam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yeah i have a composite to S-video converter. I'll bring in a few cables and stuff and we should get something to work. Though chunkis wants to use a monitor/CRT for the finals which will have different connections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

For all the people not going, I'll stream it on my phone if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sisko wrote: »
    Need 3 of these cables :

snip
    Sairus wrote: »
    I have at least one of those converter yokes. I think I packed my second one up and sent it to Cork though.
    I can bring one with me tomorrow?

Gah, sorry man, I just realised I only have a female composite audio to female mono jack here in Carlow, I left both of my cables of the ones you were looking for back in Galway.

Your alright m8, the final is going to be played on a PC screen it seems to try and avoid lag, so even if I had all the right stuff I wouldn't be able to record it.

Still gonna try a few things anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

For all the people not going, I'll stream it on my phone if you want

No offence dude but the video I saw that you put on youtube from last time was pretty much unwatchable quality-wise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Yar quality could be better, but just thought it might be handy for those not going.

http://qik.com/video/5835675

Skip a few minutes into that, Quality's ok for live, you can tell what's going on (in slightly fuzzyvision)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah that's grand actually, a lot better than the other clip I saw that I think you posted

DOOMS OFFISHUL HYPE SONG for this tournament.

Yar quality could be better, but just thought it might be handy for those not going.

http://qik.com/video/5835675

Skip a few minutes into that, Quality's ok for live, you can tell what's going on (in slightly fuzzyvision)

Nice actually thats pretty watchable alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Noooo!!! Can't make it in time, stuff happened at home.

Just when I get my VSHG finished :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

So whos going to evo then?

Advertisement