Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backordering?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    There's a domain I'd like to get, and according to its Whois its status is 'pending delete'.

I've read a bit about back ordering but I'm unsure what the best way to do it is. Does Blacknight do a backordering service?

I read somewhere that by registering a backorder you encourage others interest in the domain thus making it unlikely that you'll end up with the domain?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

We currently don't offer a backorder service (it's on the ever-growing TODO list)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Ok, that's a pity. Can you recommend how I should go about acquiring the domain? I checked it out on the wayback machine and it's essentially been an empty page for years. It's also not a domain that would seem attractive unless you thought it specific and functional to the website it's for, which I do :)

The best solution would be to use SnapNames

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

The domain on snap names is showing as Available Soon but the minimum bid is $59. What's the chance of my bid attracting interest and it becoming a lot more expensive than it has to be if I used an alternative method? Or is
    there an alternative method?

Thanks

Snapnames and others will do it from that price. You won't get it cheaper.

The only thing is to see if it will be fully deleted, but there is a risk it will be picked up by someone else

• Advertisement
Advertisement