Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

schofferhofer?

Comments

any one know where i can get this in ireland.just back from franfurt and i loved the stuff.

http://www.braukaiser.com/lifetype2/images/81_Schofferhofer_Hefeweizen.jpg

Nice beer alright. Aldi sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Aldi (€2 I think) and a lot of decent off licenses.
    Can I make a suggestion? Don't get me wrong, it is is a very good wheat beer but it is not a patch on Schneider Original.

If you want alternatives then check out Drinkstore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

Saruman wrote: »
    Aldi (€2 I think) and a lot of decent off licenses.
    Can I make a suggestion? Don't get me wrong, it is is a very good wheat beer but it is not a patch on Schneider Original.

If you want alternatives then check out Drinkstore.
    Nice beer alright. Aldi sell it.
    aldi didnt have it.neither did my local o briens.any other ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Looks interesting, bottle looks great too, would love to taste it.
    So anyone know where to get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Nice beer alright and one of the few hefeweizen brewery outside of the Bavarian to make it big

• Advertisement

aldi didnt have it.neither did my local o briens.any other ideas

Try another Aldi ;)

I have been known to wander in and wander back out with a case of it.

Let us know where you are based and someone can probably point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Aldi nearly always have it in stock ... still in my local Aldi but I still have a box of it in the shed. I prefer it over Franziskander which Lidl stocks as their main German Weissbeer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

im located in naas

Ah so you are limited to one then. You might need to go further afield in that case.

Oh and keep any eye out for beer from your new local brewery near Naas.

http://www.troublebrewing.ie/

It has already been available at Easterfest in Cork and has been on tap at The Bull and Castle in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Saruman wrote: »

Oh and keep any eye out for beer from your new local brewery near Naas.

http://www.troublebrewing.ie/

It has already been available at Easterfest in Cork and has been on tap at The Bull and Castle in Dublin.

Got to taste it at Brewers on the Bay in Salt Hill. An ale I believe but due to my limited knowledge I would of guessed it was a larger. Must say very tasty indeed though.

• Advertisement

Yes it is an ale and in no way is it a Lager. It is crisp and refreshing enough though to turn lager drinkers away from the dark side of yellow fizzy tasteless* liquid ;)

As long as you can handle actual flavour from a beer that is :cool:

*some Lagers do have taste and are not just yellow fizzy muck. Budvar being one of them along with Brooklyn lager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm by no means a beer expert, and definitely not a German wheat beer expert, but from my first bottle tonight, I was quite impressed. A decent strong flavour, fruity if that is a good thing, almost smoky - especially towards the start of a pull - and it goes down very smoothly.

Considering its very cheap in Aldi, I can't but recommend a few bottles of this baby on a warms summers evening. Even towards the warm end it kept its character instead of descending into flavourless muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I love wheat beers, bought a few of these in Aldi the other day, either 1.69 or 1.79 a bottle, can't remember.

For all the wheat beer lovers, something that may be worth a try would be Grafenwalder , available in lidl. Its only 1.19 a can, great for a weissbier.

There are 2 Grafenwalders tho, make sure you get the weissbier, and not the pils, which sells at 99c/can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

+1 on the Grafenwalder.

Excellent value.

Advertisement