Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of European Club / Portmarnock Membership?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

More a fantasy than a reality but these golf clubs are always so secretive as regards their entry fees and annual subs!

Anyone have an idea as to how much they actually charge in 2010?

Info on how difficult it is to become a member in the european club would be welcomed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

More a fantasy than a reality but these golf clubs are always so secretive as regards their entry fees and annual subs!

Anyone have an idea as to how much they actually charge in 2010?

Info on how difficult it is to become a member in the european club would be welcomed!

Cant speak for Portmarnock but I know you cannot become a member of European club as it is closed. It is also written into there constituition that they can not have anymore than 150 members ( I think its 150 ).
    Last time membership was open was again I think 2000 and membership was 25k. Again not 100 percent on the figures but I know its close enough !! Was told this directly from the man himself !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Portmarnock is circa 20k to join but you have zero chance of entry unless you have immediate family there. It's pretty reasonable as prestige clubs go and always has been. No idea on subs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 magicaljaso

Thanks to you both. Pretty clear answers there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ginny007

I am looking into the portmarnock links I think its called the hotel course will keep you informed but i can tell you that there is no entrance fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Ginny007 wrote: »
    I am looking into the portmarnock links I think its called the hotel course will keep you informed but i can tell you that there is no entrance fee.

Thats the links, its old portmarnock being spoken of here. Different course.
    http://www.portmarnockgolfclub.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement