Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get rid of a car

• 16-05-2010 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have a 1.4 96 seat ibiza. It needs an NCT. Needs a bit of work done on the front of it, new window wipers put other then that it would pass an NCT i reckon. Its got about 90,000 miles on it, gets about 35 mpg.

Im not sure I would get any interest if I put it up for sale.

Any one have any ideas what i could do with it if i cant sell it. Im leaving the country so i need it gone.

Comments

I thought you were looking for a lift!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

same here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Title fixed to save confusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Adverts.ie, €500. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I'm interested in this too ... a friend of mine is leaving the country for a year on Thursday, and needs to get rid of his car by then (it's the one advertised in my sig.) He's had very little interest in it so far even though it's up on Adverts.ie, Carzone and Gumtree. Not really surprising, I guess - it's a Punto - but even so I thought someone would offer a couple of hundred euro to take it off his hands!

Anyways, if it isn't sold in the next couple of days, what are his options? Would it be possible to get it recycled, and would that cost much? It seems a pity to do that, when it's still running OK, but he just wants it gone one way or another before he leaves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try this place, a quick way to get shot of it but will get nowhere near the asking price:

http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/dynamic.php?lang=&id_menu=151

If you were willing to give it away you'd have many a taker I would say!
    Just stick it up in the freebies section on gumtree or adverts (not sure if adverts have a freebie section!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

not sure if adverts have a freebie section!

They do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

anyone wants to get rid of cars ill take them off yere hands and get them recycled i can drive or trailer them away pm if ye want anything taken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

scrap cars are not worthless, how many times do we have to say it.....worth hundreds in parts...buy and sell or donedeal or ebay should get it gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Park it in Tallaght somewhere?

Advertisement