Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog trainers in Limerick.

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good dog trainer in Limerick?

My dad has a German shepherd and he keeps pulling him up the road.

He's a strong dog.

He has tried check chain etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Ilse Sas of "Dogs For Life" training and boarding - she is fab - gets great results and no harsh methods are used. Very approachable and friendly, too. She has obedience classes out at Clonshire Equestrian Centre but does one-to-one sessions too. 086 261 3994.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sam80

Havent been with my dog but heard seamus brophy in neanagh is good. Dont have a number, just google shepherd cottages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

i got a dogmatic for my golden retriever to stop him pulling , i know that you are looking for training but in the short term they work really well , when i put it on my fellow its like he's a different dog ,

http://www.dogmatic.org.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

A little tip our trainer told us if checking is not working with the dog,use the heal and if the dog passes infront of you turn around and stop,back to the dog until the leed loosens and walk again.
    Repeat this every time the dog pulls even if it takes u 30 mins to walk 100m eventually the dog will realise he won't get v far by pulling works for us n my dog used pull n sniff a lot.

Advertisement