Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay title

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

I'm going to do an English paper 1 short story in about an hour. I want to do it from a new title, so can someone come up with one, please:D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

theowen wrote: »
    I'm going to do an English paper 1 short story in about an hour. I want to do it from a new title, so can someone come up with one, please:D.

It's harder to come up with an original one than to actually write one :P
    Ok... So do the 2003 short story... :D

There must be loooads of them in your past papers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

There must be loooads of them in your past papers!
    There is, just I've been looking at them the last three years!:p I want to create that feeling of the LC where your looking at a title you've never seen an you've only a few mins to come up with a plot etc:rolleyes:

Write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

I had to do one a made-up one a while ago that was: Write a short story entitled ''The Liar''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Write a short story illustrating the theme ...

... that "pride comes before a fall".

... that "actions speak louder than words".

... that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

I had to write a short story entitled 'The Inside of a Ping Pong Ball'. Away you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Write a short story illustrating the theme ...

... that "pride comes before a fall".

... that "actions speak louder than words".

... that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".
    Just finished that one. Thanks Randy, and everyone else:rolleyes::)

I had to write a short entitled 'The Inside of a Ping Pong Ball'. Away you go!
    Hmmm ... I'm immediately envisaging a scifi / fantasy / Gulliver's Travels type approach ... :D

Hmmm ... I'm immediately envisaging a scifi / fantasy / Gulliver's Travels type approach ... :D
    I based mine on a condition I saw on House called 'Locked In Syndrome', where you're fully paralysed but still fully sentient. I scared 2 teachers with it :D

• Advertisement

I based mine on a condition I saw on House called 'Locked In Syndrome', where you're fully paralysed but still fully sentient. I scared 2 teachers with it :D
    Huh ... I haven't even read it and the very thought scares me!

I occasionally have dreams where I can't move and people are doing unspeakable things to me! :(

And not the 'good' type of unspeakable things ... those dreams are fun!! >_>

Huh ... I haven't even read it and the very thought scares me!

I occasionally have dreams where I can't move and people are doing unspeakable things to me! :(

And not the 'good' type of unspeakable things ... those dreams are fun!! >_>
    Hahahaha! Yeah all the doctors thought he was brain dead and he couldn't protest so...

Advertisement