Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopover on way to NZ

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm looking to fly to New Zealand in Aug for a few months, but want to stop over somewhere on the way for a while. I am thinking of flying through Asia, but have been to Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam before so would rather see somewhere new this time.

Could anyone recommend an airline/where to go/type of ticket to look for? It seems that some airlines stop in Hong Kong or Singapore, but I am not sure how the weather would be in Malaysia at this time of year (Sept/Oct). I'd consider spending some time in Malaysia/Borneo if the weather was decent.

All recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Fly into Singapore or KL and fly onwards to Borneo. Fantastic place, not the cheapest place to travel but definately worth it. Fly into Kota Kinalabu and travel around Sabah. Sarawak is also an option but there is more to do in Sabah.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

Coming this way I've stopped in Japan and Hong Kong. Depends how long you've got really. I did a LOT in Japan in 17 days, but I ran myself raggid. Hong Kong 4 days plus a day in Macau would be enough.

The world is your oyster when you want to go half way around it. 2 friends of mine are making their way back through the US & Canada over about 6 weeks and are loving it. South America is another more awkward option. And there's plenty of Asia that's off the beaten track.

How about going by train and bus from London to Bangkok via Beijing? I know someone that did that.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

with air new zealand they do London LA Auckland but you can put a trip to fiji on that too, thats what i did, was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Hey sidney,

How much roughly wud that option be do u reckon? With maybe a day in LA. I've a few friends there at the min so wud be a nice stop on the the way to auckland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 chalupa

Hi Guys.
    Im flying to Sydney in September and looking to get a stop over of 5/6 days some where in malaysia or thailand. Im totally flexible. I can get a oneway flight from Cork/Dublin to Sydney for around €700 but when I adjust the flights for a 5/6 day stoppover it changes to €2000.

Anyone any experience booking flights like this or know any good websites

• Advertisement
Advertisement