Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Estates

Options
  • 16-05-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

Finally got the chance to see this documentary Aftershock: Ghost Land and I was wondering if there are any ghost estates in the Dublin City area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Gyalist wrote: »
    Finally got the chance to see this documentary Aftershock: Ghost Land and I was wondering if there are any ghost estates in the Dublin City area.
    Adamstown.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

there are a few ghost apartments in finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Adamstown.

Hardly the City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Hardly the City.
    Well they don't build estates in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

My son's school sold a part of their playing field to a developer and used the proceeds of the sale to fund a building project at the school. The developer built five lovely, luxury houses (hardly an estate) but the houses have remained unsold despite knocking €1,000,000 of the original asking prices.

ay3f5g.jpg

I walked past early this morning and there was a homeless man asleep in a duvet on the front lawn and his clothes were hung out to dry in a tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Five lovely luxury Terraced houses eek!

They do look fab though must admit. Where is this Gyalist?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Just off Sandford Road in Ranelagh.

All you need to know is here and here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Prospecthill, Finglas 50/50 ghost/occupancy.

Belmayne, Dublin 13 more or less the same, maybe slightly better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭donaghs

Gyalist wrote: »

Belmayne off the Malahide Road, near Clarehall (and also near the place no-one ever mentions - Darndale), was featured in the programme.

The occupancy there is a bit better than some of those country estates. But Belmayne/Capital North/Clongriffin is a massive development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Docklands area. Sandyford has lots too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I don't think it's quite finished yet but there's a huge ghost estate in waiting on the South Circular Rd between Conyngham Rd and St. Johns Rd West near the Phoenix Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

So what is the current ghost estate situation around Dublin? Surely, there would be a market incentive to finish such houses, given the shortage in the city?

Advertisement