Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Links don't open when clicked

• 16-05-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

I've set up the internet on my mothers computer and have one problem that is driving me cracked..

If I have a link to another website in my email nothing happens when i click on it. I've gone into Internet Options and cant find anything that is preventing it from opening. I've also right clicked on the link and selected open link in new window - nothing happens and open link in new tab - a new tab opens but nothing happens except the tab heading says connecting.

Anybody have the solution for me
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Try a different browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

like what - firefox or something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

let me guess...Internet Explorer 8, possibly on Windows 7(maybe not)?

i had the same problem with tabs opening but not loading.
    look at this thread and see if anything helps.

i'd recommend firefox as an alternative browser but others will disagree. i'm using firefox now and it's way better than IE8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

Were you trying to be funny whiteman? You post a link for me to follow which I obviously cant because that is my prob.... Not sure if its explorer 8 but its windows 7 alright... I'll try firefox just to see what its like

sorry, didn't realise :o no i wasn't trying to be funny. right-click on the link and select "copy shortcut" and paste into address bar. win7 ships with IE8 so that's what version you have.
    i had the same problem with win7 but switched to firefox. never looked back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ClonmelHills

I had that before. i got around it by right clicking the ie on the desktop and choosing start without add ons. it was a nuisance that if you wanted to watch youtube/flash sites you had to open one IE with add ons but could not have tabs on it

I can now start with the add ons again and assumed an update had fixed

I had that before. i got around it by right clicking the ie on the desktop and choosing start without add ons. it was a nuisance that if you wanted to watch youtube/flash sites you had to open one IE with add ons but could not have tabs on it

I can now start with the add ons again and assumed an update had fixed
    well i still can't open tabs in IE8. just checked it there. but i wouldn't go back to IE8 now anyway. firefox is much easier and faster to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Radiotower wrote: »
    like what - firefox or something else?

by the time you wrote that you could have just downloaded firefox and tried it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pretty sure it's because there is no default browser set.

Try going into IE, and click Tools, then Internet Options, followed by Programs, and click the Make default button.

• Advertisement
Advertisement