Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRCHSS Funding

Options
  • 16-05-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi,

Any update on release of IRCHSS funding? It says the end of June on the website, but i'm hoping they will be released earlier....any idea of how many people applied this year?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Lol it will definitely not be released earlier than they expect. My supervisor told me a rough figure of how many applied this year but I forget it. Suffice to say that it is up hugely on previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'd have to agree with brian on this one - there was a large increase in the number of applications this year, so there's very little chance of an early release. If anything, it may actually be later...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Rang on Friday - I was told mid to late June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Postgrad3

I got a letter from IRCHSS today, telling me that my application had been turned down.

According to the letter, the IRCHSS received 649 applications and could only fund 90 scholarships.

I'm very very disappointed for myself, but was wondering are any of the lucky 90 people on Boards?

If they are, then congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Just for info, there is another thread on this over here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65949032

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mountainview86

I hope you don't think I came on to gloat or boast because that's not my intention.

I was one of the 90 people awarded the IRCHSS scholarship. I'm still confused as to why mine was chosen because I was convinced my application was a big pile of rubbish.

Still, to those who didn't get it: there's always next year. I don't mean that to sound patronising (one of the limitations of communicating in this medium).

Starting back in UCC history department in October. Anyone else?

Advertisement