Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 gsm?

Options
  • 16-05-2010 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hey guys was just hopin some1 could help me, i bought a new phone that supports 850/900/1800/1900mhz gsm......ummmmmm now i no it supports meteor vodafone and o2 but does this support 3???? would appreciate any help on this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

yeh it will work with 3 as they use the vodafone GSM network and their own for 3G and broadband hope this helps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Enigmadoomy

jay93 wrote: »
    yeh it will work with 3 as they use the vodafone GSM network and their own for 3G and broadband hope this helps :D

Thank you :) this has made buyin the new phone worthwhile:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

They only use Vodafone in some places. You won't get coverage in large parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

does that mean that if i turn off dual mode on my e66 i wont get any signal in dublin? Dont really like how much batter 3g uses.. Battery is dying as it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mathew wrote: »
    does that mean that if i turn off dual mode on my e66 i wont get any signal in dublin? Dont really like how much batter 3g uses.. Battery is dying as it is...

You'll get it in some places but not others. Vodafone charges them to use their network so they don't use vodafone's network in places where they have proper coverage themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

I heard they cut you off if you do not use a 3g handset. Either umts or hsdpa network.

Advertisement