Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nnnnnnnThaaaaaanks Maaaaaat

• 16-05-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Listeners of The last word on Today FM will know what im talking about. Drives me mad every time he hands the news over to her...

Anybody else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Miiiiiccccccccccccchhhhhhhhaeeeeelllllllll McMulleeeeeeennnnnnnnnnn's had a sex change? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mallister

Nacho, you are on the money there my son! Didnt know it bothered anyone else. I hate that whingey way she takes her cue, as if the weight of the world is on her shoulders. Ive even started hopping over to newstalk now when Matt starts the lead-in to the news bulletin or when that last break before news kicks in. I usually wait a couple of mins so that she'll be at least in the middle of the news by the time I get back. But lately Matts been lettin things slip sometimes and the news runs late. Came back too early the last day and just as I hit the button I got the "NThannnnnkkkss Maaaahht!:(" Was screamin at the radio.
    Its the same with other presenters as well, a few weeks ago it was "NThannnnks Antonnnnnn!:(:(!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Slightly related...theres a newsreader on newstalk...tends to be on in the afternoons, takes really loud sharp breaths in between sentences.

Tara or Tanya something

Now i know she has to breath but i cant listen to her either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Tara Duggan. God, she's got big lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Its the "Oym Moykill Mocmullen" that gets my goat..... Ross O' Carroll Kelly eat your heart out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Tara Duggan. God, she's got big lungs.

Headwreck. A female Darth Vader.

The inserts for the Irish Times on the Last Word are pretty annoying too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The inserts for the Irish Times on the Last Word are pretty annoying too.

When was the last time you heard them?

Only they're not the sponsor any more - haven't been for a while now.

There's been new sponsor inserts (for the new sponsor Permanent TSB) playing during the show for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭barneygumble

Bard wrote: »
    When was the last time you heard them?

Only they're not the sponsor any more - haven't been for a while now.

There's been new sponsor inserts (for the new sponsor Permanent TSB) playing during the show for the last few weeks.

Have not had occasion to listen to the drivetime slot for a little while now.

This is good news, thanks for the heads-up. It was the only gripe I had with an otherwise excellent show, one that is head and shoulders above the Right Hook.

Advertisement