Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Aural books

• 16-05-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Does anybody know if there is a good Spanish listening book that comes with a CD that I could buy? We've done all the past listening papers in class, and used all of the Vamos a Escuchar book in 5th year. I need something to practise the listening with over the next couple of weeks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Not exactly a book, but at this point I would highly recommend listening to Spanish radio. It's faster and less clear than you'll encounter on the actual Leaving Cert aural, but if you can train yourself to listen quickly and understand what's being said, you'll find the real thing a breeze.

Here's a long list of radio stations from different regions that you can listen to online: http://www.listenlive.eu/spain.html

I'd recommend either RNE 1 or RNE Clasica, they're both (mostly) in Castellano, and the news items / programmes are really similiar to the exam (which is the point after all, the aural exam is training you to be competent at listening and comprending radio/the spoken word in general).

(Source: I did the Leaving in 2008, got an A1 at Higher Level, and spent a lot of 6th year streaming Spanish radio online)

Hope it helps you, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Probably even better than Spanish radio would be to listen to podcasts, which are shorter and easier to choose what you want to listen to. A good one is available on iTunes, it's called Notes in Spanish, just a series of conversations on different topics by this English/Spanish couple, designed specifically for learners of Spanish. There are different levels, I'd say the Intermediate would be best for a LC student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

kaki wrote: »
    Not exactly a book, but at this point I would highly recommend listening to Spanish radio. It's faster and less clear than you'll encounter on the actual Leaving Cert aural, but if you can train yourself to listen quickly and understand what's being said, you'll find the real thing a breeze.

Here's a long list of radio stations from different regions that you can listen to online: http://www.listenlive.eu/spain.html

I'd recommend either RNE 1 or RNE Clasica, they're both (mostly) in Castellano, and the news items / programmes are really similiar to the exam (which is the point after all, the aural exam is training you to be competent at listening and comprending radio/the spoken word in general).

(Source: I did the Leaving in 2008, got an A1 at Higher Level, and spent a lot of 6th year streaming Spanish radio online)

Hope it helps you, good luck!

How and when did you listen to it? Did you just listen to it on your iPod on the way to school or did you sit down for a half hour everyday and just listen to it?

Advertisement