Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee bt/vodafone problem

• 17-05-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Over the past week my broadband has been cutting off.

i have a bt voyager router... status varies from "down" to "handshaking" to "training"

It started cutting off once or twice a day.. now the problem has become more frequent.
    today it has cut off every time I've gone online(4 times while signing up to this site)

Heres what I have done so far to solve my problem.

-router reset
    -firmware update
    -change of all cables and filters

nothing worked

i have also run the diagnostics test on the router
    "ping default gateway" fails everytime.. even though im on the net
    the rest pass

Is anyone else suffering like me?
    any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Do you still have you're old user name and password to connect to the isp, that was provided by BT?

If so try this,

User: "Vodafone@vodafone.com" or ".net"
    PW: "broadband"

Other wise ring Voda if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

just tried vodafone@vodafone.com

same problem

trying "phonenumber"@vodafone.com now
    fingers crossed

i have a feeling a change of providers will be my best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 buzzthewire

Vodafone have made changes on their network over the last week or so as a result of migrating those BT customers with static IP Addresses to their network. One of the symptons of this is that anyone with a Voyager router is experiencing multiple disconnects and the voyager won't auto reconnect. Ring tech support and get them to send you out a new modem and your problem should be solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Did you try vodafone@vodafone.net as well? They told me to try both when I had a problem and the .com didn't work.

Apart from that make sure you're VPI and VCI are correct and that the encapsulation is PPPoE although not sure if everyones is PPPoE

Or as buzz said, Ring voda for a new one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭paddypowder

rang vodafone today
    took me on a step by step to make sure vpi/vci were all correct

told me to enter

"phnumber"@vodafone.ie

the problem remained

rang them back 20 mins later
    spoke to an agrivated tech... he told me I should wait half an hour for "system to reconfigure"

problem persisted

i turned off router
    turned it back on a few hours later... its been on now for 30mins and i havn't had a disconnect yet(wow).

thanks for help guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement