Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about repeating

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Right so basically im in my final year but I wont be passing it this year. Im just wondering whats the story with fees if you're repeating a full year due to exam failures/sh*t QCA? A mate of mine was saying that I'd have to pay full fees i.e. 6 grand to do 4th year again. Is this true? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

ya I think you have to pay your own fees for repeating the year, I dropped out last year (the 1st semester of first year) so I only have to pay half the fees for one semester i.e around 3000 when I go back this september, the government only pay for you to do a year once so if your repeating I think youll have to pay the 6000 yourself, but im not a 100% sure but thats the way its working for me when I go back this year! goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

You get 4 'free' years in College only. It's the simplest way to look at it. So, yeah unfortunately it's going to cost you whatever the course fee is for the repeat year.

Advertisement