Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotting Christ - AEALO

Options
  • 17-05-2010 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I just got this album after going to the gig there a few weeks ago in Dublin, never heard of them before but I have to say this is a quality CD. Particularly like the tracks "Noctis Era", "dub-sag-ta-ke", "Pir Threontai" and especially "Santa Muerte".

Then I checked google and saw they have been around since 1987 :eek: and have 9 other albums! Any fans here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Demonon wrote: »
    I just got this album after going to the gig there a few weeks ago in Dublin, never heard of them before but I have to say this is a quality CD. Particularly like the tracks "Noctis Era", "dub-sag-ta-ke", "Pir Threontai" and especially "Santa Muerte".

Then I checked google and saw they have been around since 1987 :eek: and have 9 other albums! Any fans here?

Yeah, been into them since 1992 or so. I have to say I prefer them from back then but their new stuff is very good as well.

~their best albums I would say are Thy Mighty Contract which is atmospheric black metal, Triarchy of the Lost Lovers which is more Goth-tinged epic metal and Theogonia which is a meld of their earlier black metal and later gothy-doom style with lots of mid-eastern influences thrown in.

As I mentioned I preferred their early rawer stuff, this is them on the "F-ck Christ Tour" in 94

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember the first RC song I heard (not even sure how I heard it..) was Cold Colours, and I liked it, started listening to more of their stuff from there. I'd agree with Tricarchy as a great album, probably my fav by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

They have some great stuff, can be a bit hit-and-miss live, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Demonon wrote: »

Love Rotting Christ bein a fan for years, cant really recommend their best / worst album but deffo try and get a hold of Genesis:)

Rotting+Christ+-+Genesis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Another fan here. I love them. They're great, even better when they're live.
    Get Theogonia if you don't already have it. It's a brilliant album.

Another fan here. I love them. They're great, even better when they're live.
    Get Theogonia if you don't already have it. It's a brilliant album.

It's good but it doesn't compare to the majesty of Thy Mighty Contract and Triarchy of the Lost Lovers :cool:

It's good but it doesn't compare to the majesty of Thy Mighty Contract and Triarchy of the Lost Lovers :cool:

That would be a matter of taste. ;)

That would be a matter of taste. ;)

yes. i have taste you don't:p. just messing!

yes. i have taste you don't:p. just messing!

Nicely done. I like you :P :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement