Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom broadband and downloading...

• 17-05-2010 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

So at the moment it only lets me download 3 files at a time, I can't even browse the web if thers 3 files downloading.. WHAT GIVES?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 adds

Lamposts wrote: »
    Hi guys,

So at the moment it only lets me download 3 files at a time, I can't even browse the web if thers 3 files downloading.. WHAT GIVES?

I am with Eircom over15 years ,never had a problem ,must be your computer,P.S I'm not a guy! so what would I know?
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Well maybe you should get a sex change so then you could answer my question? Men are awesome. I love living in the kitchen :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Try downloading one at a time. If I was downloading a podcast or something around 100mb surfing the net would be fine, but If I was to download three together it would slow everything up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hi guys,

If you're downloading via torrent, your web speed slows to a crawl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Nope downloading off megaupload. It's never been a problem before. I could download 25+ files...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Hi guys,

just out of curiosity what speed is your connection??alot of files going at the same time could be maxing the hell out of your local exchange and could also slowing other users down but slowing other connections probably isnt likely..maybe eircom where just having a bad day i had a good few slow downloads,stopping,DSL going down etc yesterday so maybe they where having problems :P

Advertisement