Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Fake Tan?

• 17-05-2010 3:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

What's the cheapest fake tan brand and where can I buy it? Any deals in Boots or anywhere at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

The 2 euro shops usually have a few gradual tanners such as Dove and Neutrogena so they are worth a look for 2euro. Penneys are doing a tan called St. Moritz for €4 which I think is along the same lines of St Tropez. They sell it in TK Maxx too but its €5.99 there. I used the mousse last week and found it really good and have used the spray before also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

The cheapest tan in boots is probably their own brand stuff. The soltan gel is about €8 (might normally be more but I think i got it on offer). It's really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Thanks for the replies. I need the most effective, as in it's blatantly obvious I'm wearing fake tan - don't mind if I look a bit orange. What's the best one for this?

Second question: I need to be tanned for Wednesday night so when should I put it on? Wednesday evening after a shower? And I assume I can't wash my face or anything after I've put it on?

I'd say get the dark shade of rimmel sunshimmer and just lash it on. My husband used it for a "pimp" costume and he was like a chocolate orange!

Assuming you don't actually want to be stuck with tan on the following day then this is your best bet, and yeh lash it on a while before you head out, it will wash off so no face washing! and bear in mind if you're wearing alot of it you're clothes will be mank!

Wanna share what this is for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Ha, just a fancy dress, nothing to worry about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Best tan has to best Loreal Subline Bronze. ;) Its about 12€

If you want cheap go to penneys.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Ha, just a fancy dress, nothing to worry about :)

Definitely the sun shimmer will do ya! Make sure it's the dark one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Another for the sunshimmer - its rank but at least you wont be mahogany the next day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Be careful though, make sure you get one you can wash off.

A friend of mine went as turk from scrubs for halloween and it took days to wash off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Jersey Shore party?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lilmissgiggles

Skin deep wipes, they come in a brown pack. You can buy them in dunnes, pennys and maybe tesco not sure about that last one. I spent years wasting money on dior and lancome but these are just as good at €4 for 20 in a pack. They last ages. People always admire my tan. Trick is to exfoliate with sugar mixed with oil and moisturise after. Do this when having your second last shower before applying the tan. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Skin deep wipes, they come in a brown pack. You can buy them in dunnes, pennys and maybe tesco not sure about that last one. I spent years wasting money on dior and lancome but these are just as good at €4 for 20 in a pack. They last ages. People always admire my tan. Trick is to exfoliate with sugar mixed with oil and moisturise after. Do this when having your second last shower before applying the tan. Good luck!

I tried these before and thought they were horrendous. They streak so easily. They are certainly cheap though.

Advertisement