Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SCJP 6 Best Mock Exam Sites

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I'm currently studying for my SCJP 6 exam and have been using Kathy Siera's book for my preparation. The book itself is really good in my opinion, it's easy to read as far as programming books go...however I don't bring it to bed :D

I find the chapter contents to be Ok to follow and I remember the main points. However, when it comes to the end of chapter tests I'm struggling very hard to pass them; I think there's a HUGE difference between the technical level of the chapter content and the chapter tests.

How, my question, for those of you who have this book and have done the exam...are these tests much harder than the real exam? Please say yes :(

Could people here recommend mock exam websites which contain an ACCURATE representation of the actual exam? I'd like to know how prepared I am for the exam as I should be booking it soon as my exam voucher is approaching it's expiry.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hzhang

Hello!

I'm currently studying for my SCJP 6 exam and have been using Kathy Siera's book for my preparation. The book itself is really good in my opinion, it's easy to read as far as programming books go...however I don't bring it to bed :D

I find the chapter contents to be Ok to follow and I remember the main points. However, when it comes to the end of chapter tests I'm struggling very hard to pass them; I think there's a HUGE difference between the technical level of the chapter content and the chapter tests.

How, my question, for those of you who have this book and have done the exam...are these tests much harder than the real exam? Please say yes :(

Could people here recommend mock exam websites which contain an ACCURATE representation of the actual exam? I'd like to know how prepared I am for the exam as I should be booking it soon as my exam voucher is approaching it's expiry.

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, the tests from book are as hard as those ones you get in the real exam. So be really well prepared before you sit the test.

As far as I know, the SCJP book will have an attached CD inside which you will find at least 3 sets of mock exams. Highly recommended.

Best luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

hzhang wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the tests from book are as hard as those ones you get in the real exam.

Awww man!! :eek: That's not what I wanted to hear...

Thanks for the reply though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Currently studying for my SCJP 5 exam myself, and the one's I'm using aren't free. I got them from whizlabs. The have a few complete mock exams, and you can also create your own smaller exam to test yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Passed my SCJP 6 exam on Tuesday, can't say it was easy but it's over and done with now thank God :D

Just a note, from my experience the end of chapter exams in Kathy Sieras books are quite considerably harder than the actual exam. In the exam it actually tells you how many correct answers you need to pick, which makes the process of elimination much easier.

Good luck to anyone else taking the exam, if you've any non technical questions related to the exam just send me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Passed my SCJP 6 exam on Tuesday
    Congratulations.:)
    Just a note, from my experience the end of chapter exams in Kathy Sieras books are quite considerably harder than the actual exam. In the exam it actually tells you how many correct answers you need to pick, which makes the process of elimination much easier.
    Good to know, thanks for that tidbit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement