Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

danny healy rae

Options
  • 17-05-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

just wondering did anyone hear what happened in kilgarvan regarding danny healy rae, heart attack , hammer , heard rumours but not enough to be able to have an opinion.

just heard it something to do with plot of land

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 eddiebarrett

Was mentioned on Kerry Radio news headlines yesterday but no details given.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Was it inspired by Kevin Myers :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

newman10 wrote: »
    Was it inspired by Kevin Myers :D:D:D:D:D:D

sorry dont get it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it was on news today, that one of the healy raes was hurt
    why would anyone want to do that
    was he attacked

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dresstoimpress

It said on today fm news they believe it was a fight over land, concerning a right of way. Both men ended up in hosiptal.:eek::eek::eek:
    Shocking business in this day and age....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 raphael won

We can empathise with the individual involved in the altercation with Cllr Danny Healy-Rae as we have a similar right of way dispute here in Bray. As usual the council and councillors act with an arrogant indifference with regards to the rights of the individual and the rule of law. I can understand when someone is pushed hard enough they will take the law into their own hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

ciaeim wrote: »
    sorry dont get it:(

Kevin Myers was on Radio Kerry Friday morning with Michael Healy Rae discussing an article he wrote in the Indo.

Myers does not have a healthy opinion of the Healy Raes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

THE LAND DANNY, THE LAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

newman10 wrote: »
    Kevin Myers was on Radio Kerry Friday morning with Michael Healy Rae discussing an article he wrote in the Indo.

Myers does not have a healthy opinion of the Healy Raes

quiet a few people share that opinion;);)

there are other ways of settling a dispute or whatever the problem was, i thought it was rezoning, than hurting a person, he had to be hospitalised over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bersouth

ciaeim wrote: »
    quiet a few people share that opinion;);)

Nearly 7k people voted for the Healy Rae's in local election, not one vote for Kevin Myers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Velvet shank

Bersouth wrote: »
    Nearly 7k people voted for the Healy Rae's in local election, not one vote for Kevin Myers.......

oh, didn't know Myers stood in the local election:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Aren't they all related to each other down there?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭murraymarmalade

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Aren't they all related to each other down there?:eek:
    well done dude.......but the clue was in the surname healy rae!

:rolleyes:

well done dude.......but the clue was in the surname healy rae!

:rolleyes:

Not so well done dude, I was referring to the 7000 voters.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

To be fair, that says more about the people of Kerry than anything. Like the way Coughlin, or McDaid get elected in Donegal. Nothing to be proud of: a county full of gombeenism, nepotism and the likes of citizens who'll queue up to sympathise with a rapist on his conviction.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    To be fair, that says more about the people of Kerry than anything. Like the way Coughlin, or McDaid get elected in Donegal. Nothing to be proud of: a county full of gombeenism, nepotism and the likes of citizens who'll queue up to sympathise with a rapist on his conviction.

I don't think that's the way to persuade Kerry people not to vote for the local poor man's political dynasty.;)

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Not so well done dude, I was referring to the 7000 voters.:P

press people would do well at times to remember it is the people who elect not the script writers. 7k people in south kerry can be all wrong

press people would do well at times to remember it is the people who elect not the script writers. 7k people in south kerry can be all wrong

You got that right.

nipplenuts wrote: »

I would presume that these people are elected and voted for because they work hard for the people in their areas, after all they are elected to represent these people it is the Dail that elects the goverment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

I would presume that these people are elected and voted for because they work hard for the people in their areas, after all they are elected to represent these people it is the Dail that elects the goverment.

Ah he filled in a few pot holes around your local roads in Kerry? Unfortunately what happens in Kerry affects us all, as for past decade we have JHR keeping gov in office, among others.

This youtube video shows Healy Rae's acceptance speech in Kenmare. It is compared to Martin Luther King and JFK !! Watch it for roaring and gombeenism.

Some of my best friends hail from Kerry and they are equally mortified, but it is the folk who put national embarrassments like HRaes in office that grind me down. Easy to see how John B Keane got his inspiration for the Field and the Bull McCabe.

This was the party political broadcast.

sesna wrote: »
    Ah he filled in a few pot holes around your local roads in Kerry? Unfortunately what happens in Kerry affects us all, as for past decade we have JHR keeping gov in office, among others.

This youtube video shows Healy Rae's acceptance speech in Kenmare. It is compared to Martin Luther King and JFK !! Watch it for roaring and gombeenism.

Some of my best friends hail from Kerry and they are equally mortified, but it is the folk who put national embarrassments like HRaes in office that grind me down. Easy to see how John B Keane got his inspiration for the Field and the Bull McCabe.

John B Keane got his inspiration from the people of Stacks Mountain who work their poor boggy farms and struggled to raise there families, their land was ingraved in their souls every inch had to be reclaimed from the harsh mountain and bog so every piece became part of you. South kerry is no different every acre is won from the mountains. As for the Healy Rae being a national embarresment, they were elected to serve the people and thats what they are doing. The real national embarresment are the fat cat bankers and developers who featherd each other nest to the detriment of the ordinary people

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

John B Keane got his inspiration from the people of Stacks Mountain who work their poor boggy farms and struggled to raise there families, their land was ingraved in their souls every inch had to be reclaimed from the harsh mountain and bog so every piece became part of you. South kerry is no different every acre is won from the mountains. As for the Healy Rae being a national embarresment, they were elected to serve the people and thats what they are doing. The real national embarresment are the fat cat bankers and developers who featherd each other nest to the detriment of the ordinary people

@anyone & everyone: People say this all the time and I want to know from the people who post here: how do you define "the ordinary people"? How are "ordinary people" distinguished from everyone else? - in your own opinions.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    @anyone & everyone: People say this all the time and I want to know from the people who post here: how do you define "the ordinary people"? How are "ordinary people" distinguished from everyone else? - in your own opinions.
    The ordinary people are to put it simply thoes who everyday try to work at raiseing their families and to provide a roof over their heads. These people do this without thought of featering their nest and making a quick euro at the expense of others. These are the plain people of ireland that are left now to carry the can for the fat cat bankers and developers.

The only reason that JHR apparently gets things done, is that the government needs his vote. Without that mathematical problem, he would get nothing done at all, and would be as ineffective as many other politicians in The Kingdom.

...and then there's the question of expenses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Kevin Myers had a good bit about Kerry last week, all the land rezoned - enough for three times its population. And that county elected JHR, Ferris and Bull O Donoghue.

It poisons the eagles, Norwegian ambassador is concerned-Kerry is the land of trolls maybe. I wonder did Healy Rae take off his cap in hospital. Which of them will run next time, as the old chap takes his leave and pension.

All the noise FF make about our "international reputation" yet they are happy to let JHR join their gang.

I wonder what the bond markets would make of the Healy Rae's

A very wise judge said "there are 3 sides to a story, the defendant, the planitiff and the truth"

is there 7k polulation in south kerry
    if so all south kerry voted the healy
    raes

• Advertisement

in fact believe it or not he Healy Rae's got votes from 23% of electorate in south kerry, so 1 in 4 had Healy Rae's as first preference. They must be working on the ground me thinks......:D

Advertisement