Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

danny healy rae

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Bersouth wrote: »
    in fact believe it or not he Healy Rae's got votes from 23% of electorate in south kerry, so 1 in 4 had Healy Rae's as first preference. They must be working on the ground me thinks......:D
    i do agree
    must work very hard for the electorate

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭fresca

you're all forgetting one important factor....

when a people do not feel that their local & national government takes them seriously they revert to the loudest local voice.
    This Healy-Raes have identified a gap in the market & exploited it... the gap being that the people of kerry feel alienated from a government which either ignored them or treated them with contempt (take your pick).

rather than taking the easy option and criticising people for voting for them, maybe you should consider why such characters exist within our political landscape? people such as the healy-raes, lowry in tipperary, mcdaid in donegal etc....

is it any wonder irish people feel disenfranchised? and/or alienated from the political process?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bersouth

fresca wrote: »
    you're all forgetting one important factor....

when a people do not feel that their local & national government takes them seriously they revert to the loudest local voice.
    This Healy-Raes have identified a gap in the market & exploited it... the gap being that the people of kerry feel alienated from a government which either ignored them or treated them with contempt (take your pick).

rather than taking the easy option and criticising people for voting for them, maybe you should consider why such characters exist within our political landscape? people such as the healy-raes, lowry in tipperary, mcdaid in donegal etc....

is it any wonder irish people feel disenfranchised? and/or alienated from the political process?

It is because of the Healy Rae's the people of South Kerry are not alienated from Goverment on the contary they have direct access to Goverment. One can argue that just a problem of Maths for Goverment but one must not forget the ability of the Healy Raes to maximise their opperunity to lever the goverment. Do you honestly think there would be a Bypass or new Garda Barracks for Castleisland without Healy Rae, you can be certain there wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

It is because of the Healy Rae's the people of South Kerry are not alienated from Goverment on the contary they have direct access to Goverment. One can argue that just a problem of Maths for Goverment but one must not forget the ability of the Healy Raes to maximise their opperunity to lever the goverment. Do you honestly think there would be a Bypass or new Garda Barracks for Castleisland without Healy Rae, you can be certain there wouldn't.

So when we get a government that does not rely on Jackie Healy Rae, South Kerry will (rightly) have its funding cut.

when you say south kerry, there are more than the healy raes in that area
    jod also preside over some of the funding, he also did his share for the people,
    are we the electorate expected to have nothing in return for our vote, just like the rest of the country who also get their funding we are entitlet to decent roads, health service, education, sport and services.
    and the day jhr and jod stop seeing to it that the people of south kerry have the services they need,
    we will find someone else who will do the job for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

goat2 wrote: »
    when you say south kerry, there are more than the healy raes in that area
    jod also preside over some of the funding, he also did his share for the people,
    are we the electorate expected to have nothing in return for our vote, just like the rest of the country who also get their funding we are entitlet to decent roads, health service, education, sport and services.
    and the day jhr and jod stop seeing to it that the people of south kerry have the services they need,
    we will find someone else who will do the job for us

If you do need to find someone else, can you find a couple more to replace McEllistrim and Deenihan, because we need some pull in North Kerry as well.;)

Essexboy wrote: »
    So when we get a government that does not rely on Jackie Healy Rae, South Kerry will (rightly) have its funding cut.

We will end up like north Kerry at present, crumbs from goverment.....

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If you do need to find someone else, can you find a couple more to replace McEllistrim and Deenihan, because we need some pull in North Kerry as well.;)

well then dont vote for those who do not work for their electorate, find someone who work for the people all the time not some of their people some of the time, it is ye who put them there, lesson learned

well then dont vote for those who do not work for their electorate, find someone who work for the people all the time not some of their people some of the time, it is ye who put them there, lesson learned

Didn't vote for either of them, but some fools did:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Just a matter of interest for those that voted for Jackie Healy Rae do you think its right of him to support the government still, considering the state of the economy for some handouts to Kerry or should he vote for the best interests of the country (thats a matter of personal opinion I know)?

Genuinely curious about this.

I know several people to whom the Healy Raes were of fantastic help during difficult times but, at the same time, I'd question him supporting the government at every turn when the country is going down the toilet.

• Advertisement

SeaFields wrote: »
    Just a matter of interest for those that voted for Jackie Healy Rae do you think its right of him to support the government still, considering the state of the economy for some handouts to Kerry or should he vote for the best interests of the country (thats a matter of personal opinion I know)?

I know several people to whom the Healy Raes were of fantastic help during difficult times but, at the same time, I'd question him supporting the government at every turn when the country is going down the toilet.

He was elected by the people of south kerry and is answerable to them and them alone have the oppertunity to pass a verdict on him every 5 years.

SeaFields wrote: »

nothing we can do now about who is in power
    but when someone come to my door looking for my vote, i want to know that they will see to it that my part of the country is not forgotton, they have to work for us, after all they are asking me for my vote, i ask in return for services, such as health care, decent roads, education, and a listning ear when there are problems,

nothing we can do now about who is in power
    but when someone come to my door looking for my vote, i want to know that they will see to it that my part of the country is not forgotton, they have to work for us, after all they are asking me for my vote, i ask in return for services, such as health care, decent roads, education, and a listning ear when there are problems,
    Couldnt agree more We elect people to represent us, they in turn elect the goverment but the bottom lineis that they are representing us

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

I see gob5hite Jackie Healy Rae in the Sindo today, claiming travel expenses in mileage despite the fact he is entitled to free train travel. As long as he gets new roads built around Kerry though !

Asked if he was also claiming mileage, he said: "I'm not prepared to answer that question. I had my car the week before last and I parked it up in the Dail. They open the gates for me and I go in fine."

Clearly annoyed at being questioned on the matter of his expenses claims, Deputy Healy-Rae ended the conversation, saying: "Do you think that I'm really going to answer these questions to you?

"Why don't you go after Ivor Callely and the Dublin fellahs? Look, I have something else to do.

"In actual fact, I'm very busy. That's all I'm going to say to you -- and good luck."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/healyrae-bullish-over-expenses-2209830.html

sesna wrote: »
    I see gob5hite Jackie Healy Rae in the Sindo today, claiming travel expenses in mileage despite the fact he is entitled to free train travel. As long as he gets new roads built around Kerry though !

Asked if he was also claiming mileage, he said: "I'm not prepared to answer that question. I had my car the week before last and I parked it up in the Dail. They open the gates for me and I go in fine."

Clearly annoyed at being questioned on the matter of his expenses claims, Deputy Healy-Rae ended the conversation, saying: "Do you think that I'm really going to answer these questions to you?

"Why don't you go after Ivor Callely and the Dublin fellahs? Look, I have something else to do.

"In actual fact, I'm very busy. That's all I'm going to say to you -- and good luck."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/healyrae-bullish-over-expenses-2209830.html

No more no less than the other 166

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

No more no less than the other 166

As bad as the average is, Healy Rae is certainly near the bottom of the cesspool. Great reflection on those in Kerry who put him there :rolleyes:

As bad as the average is, Healy Rae is certainly near the bottom of the cesspool. Great reflection on those in Kerry who put him there :rolleyes:

They're all down the bottom of the cess-pool, all doing quite well for themselves, and all keep a low profile between elections, except for St Paddy's day when they take off around the world pretending that they're on a job-creation mission. All that they ever bring back is a bag of duty-free.

it does not worry me what the rest of the country think, as long as the minister i vote for is working for the electorate who put him there, i do not see him at the end of the barrell, in fact quiet the opposite.

it does not worry me what the rest of the country think, as long as the minister i vote for is working for the electorate who put him there, i do not see him at the end of the barrell, in fact quiet the opposite.
    Couldnt agree more they are elected to serve the people who elect them and they in turn elect the goverment to run the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

isnt Jackie Healy-Rae stepping down at the next election??

• Advertisement

dmeehan wrote: »
    isnt Jackie Healy-Rae stepping down at the next election??
    Yes and Michael will run in his place, should be very interesting South Kerry with swing away fom FF will Healy Rae get a backlash for supporting FF all the way.....

Advertisement