Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on tapping into chimney

Options
  • 17-05-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have a chimney stack, filled with lime/cement/sand which I'm not going to use in it's original location. I'm now wondering if it's possible to tap into the chimney from the adjacent room? In particular I can't get in below the flue-gatherer and would need to break into the filled chimney and into the clay pots. This would be to fit a stove, so a steel flue would be going in. Is this possible or should I just give up on the idea?

Thanks,

Fergus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

No advice on this one?

Thanks,

Fergus.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It is possible obviously as long as original fire is not going to be used and, as you say, you use a flue liner for the new stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FergusD

Thanks for that. I had presumed it was possible, but is it relatively straightforward? Will the fill pour out? Is there any particular trick to it?

Fergus.

Advertisement