Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford Myth?

Options
  • 17-05-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Was told yesterday about a myth specific to Wexford and cant find any info bar word of mouth stuff.

Anyway its called "The Field of 4 walls" I think and it says that theres a field that if you go into it after sundown you get lost and to get out you have to take off your coat and put it on inside out.

Crazy I know but if anyones heard of it I'd love to know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

All of my uncles used to tell this story. Definetly a Wexford thing. In my travels, and they have been many, Ive never heard it anywhere else.

Story goes that a lone walker takes a short cut across a 'fairy enchanted' field at night and cant find his way out. These fields were always close to the local pub and alcohol was always involved.:D

Advertisement